So on the way over to yorkes for our first tuna hunt we purchased a couple of highly recommended yo-zuri 140mm hydro magnums. One purple and one gold and green.So when it came to trolling them we put both out on pretty much the same setups, trolling at 7 knots. The purple one swam brilliantly and dove straight down to where it was ment to be. The other one however seemed to move around very violently putting alot more shake into the rod, and then it would either dive down suddenly or breach the surface.The purple one resulted in a tuna within the first km :woohoo: while the other was very quickly changed out for another lure after changing the knots it was tied with and trying a bit of everything :( Now my question is, is there anything to look into to make it swim correctly? I noticed that the front treble had put a few wear marks in the sides of the lure where it had been rubbing, it was shaking around so much rather then swimming like it's supposed to

Almost definiteley a tuning problem. A fiddle with the tow point is almost certainly your best bet. Either take it for a test run next time you're out, or borrow someones swimmimg pool ;) In my experience a loop knot will help a lure swim better, but only if its tuned properly to start with.Great to hear you scored a tuna too :woohoo: Good sizes ?

afishyfish wrote:

Almost definiteley a tuning problem. A fiddle with the tow point is almost certainly your best bet. Either take it for a test run next time you're out, or borrow someones swimmimg pool ;) In my experience a loop knot will help a lure swim better, but only if its tuned properly to start with.Great to hear you scored a tuna too :woohoo: Good sizes ?

But I can't get the swimming pool into the boot of the car!!