Clear Cure Goo Prawns

Been messing around with some Clear Cure Goo and making some prawns to toss around when I build my new 2wt flyrod. They are tied on size 8 Mustad S71ss s hooks and weigh nearly nothing. Should be able to knock some bream and whiting over with these I hope ;);) :silly:.Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted Image

Ranger wrote:

They look so tasty I'd almost be tempted to try one myself!

can i be on the other end of the rod??? i reckon 30lb line with 4-500 meters i should be able to land ya.. promise i wont gaff ya through the guts ;)Station49 wrote:

They look very nice mate, especially that one with the orange tinge.

everybody loves a bit of ranga aye ;)the FLYS look good mate! always amazed at how good these bits of fluff and cotton can look!!!
rollcast wrote:

Nice lookn flies Darren .Wouldn't expect anything less from you.That Muz Wilson fuzzle dub sure is a versatile product.Thank God for Muz and for Peter Morse for coming up with the fuzzling technique.Cheers Rollcast

Thanks guy's,I tricked you this time Rollcast it's not Fuzzle dub ;) .I wanted the legs to have a bit more of a reflective quality to them so I used BMS Blend. The flies carry the colour well. Now all we have to do is wait for the bream to get rid of the Lockjaw and I can go have some fun.Cheers Darren
rangfish wrote:

They look very realistic, are they tied the same way as the other prawn flies?

G'day RangfishMate they are tied nearly the same except you don't have to mess around with the plastic carapace stage. That is replaced with a coating of Clear Cure Goo which is a UV REACTING EPOXY. You can also use a 2 part 5 minute epoxy but you will have to rotate it until the epoxy sets. Hope this helps.Cheers Darren