Heey guys,just have a quick question,Have the chance to go on a trip to marion bay, october long weekend, chasing sharks.Have to let my mate know by next week so we can book the place. But there only 1 high tide each day and hardly any movement and being a bit light on money at the moment, im not sure weater to go or wait for another weekend and better tides and moon? has anyone had anyluck with bad tides down there?Any info would be great,Thanks FSW

I don't think a slow tide is an issue down there, cause your at the bottom of the gulfs. You'll have a choice fishing from Rhino Head to Pondi depending on the wind direction.Between the mainland and Althorpe Is. you get a three way wave action.I've seen sharks out at Haystack and Seal Is. But most of my fishing has been in a boat down there.Caught some nice mullet on chinamens beach one year there with a mate

Guest SnappaHunta

If you guys are pretty mobile down there, you could always have a crack at some Salmon at Browns or try Stenhouse Bay Jetty for the sharks. I had to pull out of a week long trip down to Marion Bay for next week, spewin'. Next week the tides are predicted to be a bit of a mess, but I would reckon bugga it. Like the other fella said, the wind and natural currents down the bottom of the Gulf geta fair bit of water movement happening anyway. I will let you know how mates do on the trip next week as the tides will be similar to what your expecting

i went to a place down there called gym beach and was wading in the water as it was warm. there was a guy fishn about 100mtrs left of me with a fair surf rod he saw i was gettn little mullet and i was throwing them back he asked if he could have one when i caught one i said sure i asked why i quickly caught another mullet then gave it to him i asked what he was chasing again, he said bronzy's i said do u get them here with in 5 minutes he had hooked one no sooner i seen this i stopped wading he ended up with three i'd never seen a shark pulled off a beach before amazing creatures maybe try down there.