Hi Guys , this is no joke, I am very serious about this question:Has anyone ever taken the trouble to rig up a small camera to a fishing line just to see how fish react to bait and bite ??Reason for asking is that the small fry ( the ones you have to throw back) are absolute experts bar none of removing bait from hooks with out getting hooked.I would expect that from older fish but not the younger generation.When using silver fish no matter how many times I twist it around the hook, it is soon gone.

I carry an underwater camera on the boat for some trips, so's I can check out what's down there once I'm anchored up.Yes I've seen small pickers at my bait. Don't ask me how they manage to avoid the point on the hook though, coz I've still got no idea.

Hay ranger u should post some pics of what it looks like down there.. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

It's hard mate! It's a closed circuit video, so's I can watch what's happening on my screen, but to record it I'd have to plug a video camera into the circuit. I don't have a video camera, I wouldn't know how to load it onto the web, and I don't have broadband to even see it myself if I could work out how to get it onto the net.The only other option would be to use a digital camera to take a still photo of the screen, but I don't think the quality of that would be too good.there is a very good video made locally around Adelaide though called Whiting Down Under! It's quite a few years old now, but still very informative, and worthwhile watching if ya can grab a copy.

While I also have never thought of trying to take pics of what happens at the buisness end of my outfits, I have often spoken to divers who have been around jettys ect, and have often been told its amazing to see these fish suck the bait straight off the hook without us even noticing.This of course makes heaps of sense as how many time's have you found your bait gone but did'nt notice a bite?

Guest Butters

here is a few still shots of small whiting taking the baits.. and while capturing these not one was hooked..They where only just pinching the bait and taking off.. not actually taking the baits right down..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI still dont know how they get away with it though.. if i have a bit of spare time to upload the whole footage it is pretty interesting to watch.. cheers

[quote author=Silaflex l:Are they those little critters you find in your towel cupboard? {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gifNo, they are shapel a bit like an eel and white in color.You can get the from the fish factory, Bigger variety or Raptis smaller variety.