Tackleworld Auction

Gday guys went to the Ohalloren hill tackleworld auction today, wow was there auction fever going on! every item sold with the occasional bargain to be be had. Due to commitments i could only spend 1 1/2 hrs there i ended up leaving because my lot items were'nt coming thru till the mid 300's out of 939 lots!. Anyway i came home and did some bidding online, i scored nothing and wondered if anyone else went and picked up a bargain? I missed the reel i wanted a RYOBI safari 5000 could have bought it pre auction for $300 it sold for $292 oh well. All in all i think people went a bit nuts on the bidding and im sure the vendor did VERY well.Cheers OS

Today was one of those days, that all you could do was just shake your head. When I arrived spot on 10AM and saw the fiasco and saw so many people standing round I just pulled the pin and drove straight back home. TOO MANY CARSTOO MANY PEOPLETOO MANY PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THE REAL RRP OF TACKLE=NOTHING AT BARGAIN PRICES, AND SOME ITEMS PROBABLY SELLING FOR HIGHER THAN WHAT THEY COULD HAVE SOLD THEM FOR IN THE STORE. :blink::blink::blink: Was a complete waste of petrol for me, but it got me thinking about my wish list for tackle and what I need to buy before the Strike Hook snapper charter in December - so all good in the end.

UHF mate i was there from 945 till 11am and it was slow going i felt sorry for the people who bid on the first of 4 identical items only to find by the time the fourth one came round they had paid $100 MORE :laugh::laugh: IT WAS JUST NUTS, MY CUZ WAS BIDDING FROM NSW VIA INTERNET AND HE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT auction fever as i said!

OLD SALTY wrote:

Mr BAlls i will be seeing u soon ;)B) Out of curiosity do u rate them? i've heard good things about them i thin k its the brand that makes people steer clear but there is no relation between the two. What about a rod u can match it up with?

No worries. Very good reel for the cash for sure. A lot of guys from WA buy them off us for their samson fishing and love them.We actually have one matched up here with a shimano jigwrex PE4 for $549. Only one combo left.regards
carps wrote:

it was not all bad then when ya think about it a commited fisherman got a great farewell with a bonus of a good cash return on his stock..good to hear in the end really at least now he can afford al those fishing trips he wants hahahahahaha

carps i agree a great service he has been , it was a top store and i hope he can now get out there and catch em all :laugh:
OLD SALTY wrote:

carps wrote:

it was not all bad then when ya think about it a commited fisherman got a great farewell with a bonus of a good cash return on his stock..good to hear in the end really at least now he can afford al those fishing trips he wants hahahahahaha

carps i agree a great service he has been , it was a top store and i hope he can now get out there and catch em all :laugh:
It was a GREAT STORE and will be sadly missed!. :( WELL DONE to the owner for making it such a great store. Was a pleasure to shop in there!!! :):) :woohoo: :woohoo: The store has kept me happy for many years. :woohoo: :woohoo: Does ANYBODY KNOW if one of the workers from there named PHILL, has any other tackleshop work lined up? :blink: Phill is EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGABLE, EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, PROFESSIONAL and he would be an ASSETT to any other tackle store. :):):)