Kids Christmas and fishing

Hey all,Especialy parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents, basicly anyone that spends time with the little ones,Christmas is upon us, and what better gift than a new rod, and most importantly time spent with them fishing.I went out with my son yesterday, a man of 22 now, and he was remembering the first rod i ever got him (was Santa actualy) the first time he used it, the biggest fish on it, in great detail, since then we have had many a fishing trip, and a great many memories, surely one of the best and longest lasting gift you could give.Ali

im with u mate grew up loving fishn, camping(proper set up tent style) and most out doory things.now i have my own little family daughter nearly 4 and son now 2 my wife and i have been camping and fishn since both kids were born we book 2 weeks a year up moonta bay after jan school holidays (when everybodys gone back so its quite) and just recently i purchased my first boat wich both the kids love bit of a funny story 2 weeks ago my daughter caught her first fish it was a small st (just legal) out front of the old quarantine station on the rod i brought her for christmas last yr (tackle rats special) i put my sienna reel on it though.funny part to the story was i had put the crappiest lure i had on(expecting to lose on bottom or a snag) cast it for her and told her to hold the rod and give a few cranks occasionally she then hollered "i got one dad" i was like sure you have darl keep winding then, and to my surprise she actually did at first i thought she had some weed but when u see a small rod like that with a st on u know it aint weed she managed to reel most of they way but i had to get him in the boat wasnt going anywhere just quietly had trebbles well into his lups but that was her first fish 1 of hopefully many to come will try post some pics of the day we had cheers guys.

fantastic pix. Bring back so many good thoughts of my now not so little son trying for his first fish - which turned out to be a very nice KGW off of Walleroo jetty which was followed later that day by a couple of squid-the 1st of which scared the shit out of himbut after a bit he went back to fishing to score another. I still get paid out because i promised him we'd take it home for tea and after cleaning it we put it in the freezer of the cabin we were staying at and after getting home the next day he gave me daggers when i had to admit that i'd forgotton all about it and it was still in the freezer lol