Mulloway soft plastics

They look pretty good there bravado,if the mullies are about they should be in the ballpark.I know 2 guys that fish hard for mullies with the plastics, and the lure of choice they have had most success on are the Squidgey Fish 70mm in the "Killer Tomato" , and the "Drop Bear"colour.Dont be put off by the Pink colour of the killer tomato pattern, this is the one with the most success at night.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

Thats some nice placcies there mate, like those fire baits. Heres a few to get you started with, it's what i started with;These are called "Squidgy Slick Rigs" I've had my best luck on the True Blue, Black and Gold and Drop Bear Colour. The size we use are 80-100 mill.Posted ImageThese are called "Squidgy Fish" I've had my best luck on the Black and Gold colour but most of them would work. The size we use are 75-100 mill.Posted ImageAnd if you fishing near bridges etc. These seem to work well; Any colour would be great!Posted ImageDont give up mate, its the time you put into the fish, you might go 100 hours before you get a touch, I'm no guru but hope this helps!

guys the squidgie fish 100mm killer tomato is my favourite for snapper at the moment.almost anything works during the day but lowlight conditions to after dark the killer tomato still works where others stop getting touches for some reason.i'm talking 90-100ft of water. yet to get a mullie on 1 though, we do get the odd mullie off one of the local wrecks we fish on bait.2nd favourite is squidgie shad 125mm white lightningcheersBigAsh

Bit of practice mate and you'll get it in the end. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifOnce you start using them, you'll get an idea to where the hook will need to come out to line the plastic up flush with the jighead. But to start off with, lay the jighead along the outside of the plastic where it supposed to sit when it is rigged up. Make note of where the hook will come out and feed the plastic onto the hook through the middle of the head. Remember to feed it on like you would thread a tubeworm onto a hook, and keep the hook in the middle of the plastic. Hook point comes out at the spot you noted earlier, and keep feeding the plastic on until it sits flush against the jighead. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gifCareful though, as it's rumoured to be highly addictive - and subsequently expensive.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Not as expensive as hard bodies though.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifCheers,Wino

• 8 months later...

Or 4lb flurocarbon like me at the moment (I'm looking to get busted off! :D) If anyone wants an explanation for my insane measures its because I want to give myself the best chance of hooking a mulloway to work out that I'm giving the lure the right action and technique. Then I'll upgrade once I realise I can't bring the fish in. What do people think of the squidgy flick bait in pilchard colour? It's the one in an old magazine where Shane Mensworth and his son are fishing the port and they seem to have success in that colour, I'd say it would be the 110mm one. Never used any squidgy products yet, Im pretty much a one I'd berkley man, altho I could go for expanding my lure collection and being more universal :)

i recon squidgy's definitly make the best lure's for mullys, anything with a paddle tail will work! Best colours are silver fox, black and golds, drop bear and true blue!Heres a 92cm mully from the lake that took a 100mm slick rig in black and gold!!and a little school mully that took a liking to a 65mm slick rig! size=758http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/557HJoqf__luke_mully.jpg[/img] size=1600http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/QDWPvKIx__second_mully_in_the_yak_2.jpg[/img]