Sp rod for the snaps

G'day strikehookers. I'm in the market for a new sp rod for some decent sized reds(hopefully!). Rod will be matched to an old certate 4000, running 20lb. I see there is a WTB thread that could cover some of what I'm looking for. My budget will be up to $250. Also wouldn't mind a fantasy list, just in case I win the lotto or if Nanna's Chrissy card is real good this year!! So maybe two lists of suggestions, one for the real world and one for yahoo I'm rich bitch!!Thanks and merry Christmas rooboy

Ive been doing quite a bit of research on good SP Snapper sticks for throwing 3/8 to 1.5oz jigheads of late and have found the following rods would suit the bill. On my last charter, I found my 6-10Kg Berkley Diablo stick to be PERFECT for manhandling the monsters when u have other anglers standing right next to you and you are trying to avoid tangling up with them.Im am now in the market to replace my Berkley Diablo that seemed to handle big reds effortlesslyAt the dearer end of the scale you have:Reaction Samairai ($549 Retail) Same rod as Shauno sold previoulsy.Nitro Viper 6-8Kg 2 peice 1/3 - 2oz (but could be undergunned on charter and 9kg plus fish $329 RRPBerkley Venom (King Brown) 6-10kg $359 RRP - BUT WOULD BE WORTH EVERY CENT.If more on a budget you could consider:ABU Veritas 6-10kg 1 or 2 peice $200approx FROM ALL REVIEWS A FANTASTIC ROD FOR THE MONEY..GETTING GREAT BASS REVIEWS ON THE LIGHTER MODELS BUT IS PURE WHITE IN COLOUR. EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT. Samiki $250 approx

Thanks mate, some good info there. I have a 2-4kg diablo and I love it. Use it for whiting, but have also caught some fun size salmon on it. I'm hanging out to have a go at some ruggers with it. Haven't heard of that Abu rod but it sounds like I should look it up. Looks like I'm riding on the coat tails of your research!!Cheers

Thanks mate' date=' some good info there. I have a 2-4kg diablo and I love it. Use it for whiting, but have also caught some fun size salmon on it. I'm hanging out to have a go at some ruggers with it. Haven't heard of that Abu rod but it sounds like I should look it up. Looks like I'm riding on the coat tails of your research!!Cheers[/quote']Yeah your 2-4 should go nice on some inshore ruggers.Found a bargain on one of the rods..will pm you the details.
Thanks mate' date=' some good info there. I have a 2-4kg diablo and I love it. Use it for whiting' date=' but have also caught some fun size salmon on it. I'm hanging out to have a go at some ruggers with it. Haven't heard of that Abu rod but it sounds like I should look it up. Looks like I'm riding on the coat tails of your research!!Cheers[/quote'']Yeah your 2-4 should go nice on some inshore ruggers.Found a bargain on one of the rods..will pm you the details.
PM to me as well Brett might intrest me to:woohoo:

Other options inlclude the new Luvias-R 701HFS 12-20LBhttp://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=4705Should be around the $350-400mark - Ray & Annes should have this model or the old non R model.and of course the other Great option is the G-LOOMIS MOSSYBACK (Which Clay has and recently murdered the reds on on plastic)BOTH OF THESE RODS ARE IN THE FISHIN WITH KICK ARSE GEAR CATEGORY!!

Which ever rod you get its a must to take your reel in when you are trying out a few,some rods can feel great until you put the reel on then are totally out of balance.If Granny doesn't come through have a look at the SFS they have a huge range of budget stuff there atm including the SS midspin and the new Rapala ispec....just bought one myself, for breaming though. cheers brenton