80cm onka mulloway on 4lb

Got out tonight with my fiance Sian on a onka mulloway sesh . Keep this brief coz the video is long . Sian was using my normal rod an reel so i used my bait fish rod . Sian did an excellent job on the paddle . After Leeroys hookup with three an landing two , i was itching to redeem myself . The vid is hook up to release of a 80cm onka mully on my 4lb rod an reel . I sound like a bit of an idiot in all the excitement but hey i landed it at least . My mates Anthony an Longie were on the bank an the mully draged us there (200-300 mtrs) . Good to meet you Rooney an Jamie an thanks for the help loading the canoe . Looking forward to a mully sesh with you . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3XGoEu8p24

Mully 102.jpg107cm mully.jpgWait till ya crack the Metre mark, milestone fish in the onka i done it twice in a week about 3 years ago havn't caught one that big since, the best has been 88cm but the river has fished pretty ordinary in the last couple of months.......... I put in about 4 hrs lastnight with no touches not even a bream...... Here are my meter fish first was 102cm and the second was 107cm... The onka has it's days nd i have put endless hours into that place for two good fish over a period of 5 years pretty sad IMO.. The river is terrible they need to dredge it or it will become a sest pit it's already looking that way......

Cheers fellas . My pb firefly is 82 cm on 12lb line in march/april this year . Thats when i got the canoe . That fish is also the reason im hooked on onka mullys . Also when i saw ONKY MONSTER on youtube where he catches a 100+ mully on light line (i think it was 4lb) an samboman catching that mtr+ on 4lb , gave me a goal . Not sure afishyfish if its a line class record as i wouldn't know where to look ? Very nice fish daiwa even more reason to get out there and get that mtr+ . Leeroy's effort monday night was so close .