cockling australia day

stay relatively shallow in the wash zone and kneel or plonk your bum on the sand. dig a little bit around you and as the waves come in and out around you they will assist you in your digging by collapsing the holes you've dug and exposing lots of cockles all around you.i found this the most effective method, sure you are gunna get sand in your jocks, but its worth it and coz you are sitting down, you save your back ;)

what a excellent way to spend a few hours on aussie day ,took misses and lad down today for a few hours ,first time iv`e been, what a hoot ,cant belive i hav`nt done the trip before(for cockling anyway),wont be the last.took sombo`s advice this mornin and went about 1-2 k from ramp dug around in the shallow`s and hay presto,i got myself a pants full of sand,:silly: Naa got a few just moved around abit,you can also pick them up from when the water recedes,and leaves arrow like dent`s in the sand ,gotta be quick though because as soon as you see them there digging there way down again,like i said great fun will deff do it again,next time i`ll take a few extra`s like a shovel (hard work diging with the hands after a while)and i`m going to have a crack at makeing a cockle extracter, see how we go. Have never seen so many people on that beach before must have been a couple thousand people down there,swimming playing cricket drinking reminded me a australia (what it used to be) growing up everyone having a great time and getting along,was a good day to see,i had fun the misses had fun(a few extra brownie point`s earnt)and the lad had a ball,i`ll stop my rambling`s now just wanted to let everyone know how i spent my aussie day,hope all of you enjoyed your`s to,cheer`s aussie aussie aussie:clap: