cape jervis charter

hey guys so sunday morn me and 5 mates head off for a mates bday down cape jervis. we arrive on time at 7 with our skipper with the boat ready to go great the day was looking good. we headed out to our first spot. i had taken my own gear out there with my own rigs because thats how i like to fish. i rigged up a single 5/0 on my top set of hooks and 2 6/0 on my bottom set righto i was ready to fish.my mate daniel got the first red just on legal nm after that wrasse had moved in after a bit we made a move first drop down i caught a double header off undersized ruggers after that they started gettn bigger. i caught another 4 or so same with all the other boys caught 1 or to each varied in size nothin over 50cm then skip said we will go try for some whiting.we arrived at the whiting spot and skip wanted to drift on the way there skip said he gets big nannys at this spot as well so i chucked on a big half slimey bait. we rocked up my mate who doesnt fish much says wat u tryn to catch with that. i replied big baits catch big fish after 2 mins of it being down i was gettn stretched nice fish 59cm. biggest for the day a mate pulled 1 the same size. things got slow as the tide slowed and we were catching leatheries and a few nannys and all sorts of wrase and cod. time to have a few more drinks haha.as the tide started to run we drifted for some reds at another spot i hooked on after a lil struggle wid the calcutta nd tcurve a nice 67cm fish was on board. after that i pulled a 53cm and a few more nannys. and the mates were gettn into the nannys and reds as well but stil nothin over 50cm for them. on the way back in we stopped for some salmon we picked up abou 30 trouies in 10mins and we wen back because the rain had set in nd i was looking like a drowned rat and it was about 3;30 haha so that was my trip hope u enjoyed reading thanks tp

200293_10150127515889916_607779915_6395495_2776326_n1.jpg

198279_10150127516534916_607779915_6395503_3785838_n1.jpg

199325_10150127611674916_607779915_6396543_1375590_n1.jpg

can be real hit and miss down there so not a bad effort. Shame they didn't get you onto any of the big boys !! I'm guessing they took you around to deep creek for the nanny in close ?? They normally go for the salmon on the way back past jervis so goos to see a few coming through already. Any blue devils taken ???