Hi All,Im looking at giving "blades" a go to add to my lure collection:woohoo: Im not a big user of braid-in fact it has a built in dislike for me. I was curious to find out if blades work ok on mono and what strenth is advised for best result. Im going to try them out in the hunt for bream, flatties, salmon and small kingies-the latter most probably being wishful thinking on my behalf.So if anyone wouldnt mind offering some handy advice it'd be greatly appreciated :fishing: oh and im a shore based fisher B)

Be alright on mono but better on braid,most luring is imo.You can slow roll them or lift and drop or riprip pause....it really depends on the target species and what mood they are in on the day,i've caught schoolies on them where i've cast out and left the bail arm open"so effectively they drop like stones" and hooked up on the drop.There is no telling what strategy will work on the day but just mix it up and see how you go. cheers brentonp.s not having much luck with them at the lake atm though....weird

one other point to add too brentons is to remember they are a weed magnet due to being just a weight with trebles so fish them just off the bottom if theres weed were your fishing.... p.s. there is a good article in the latest South Oz Angler mag regarding the use of blades....cheers snake

Im going to try them from shore based at Point Turton. Th jetty has a heaps of sand areas as well as the bay. I also want to give the marina a go at a high tide-thats where the weed issue may be a hassle - we'll see.Im also going to try them at the weed/sand edge at Stenhouse bay for flatties or anything else that may take a fancy. We'll also be going to Giles but i reckon that thatll be a no trier as the weed is as thick as ants in a sugar pot. But with giles i thought i'd test run some of my new poppers and see what happens. Thanks for the input its greatly appreciated :fishing: