Budget Abu Game Rod ????

I saw an Abu Garcia game rod in BigW for $50Has anyone tried one of these??? I would be very interested to know.It's not really the season now of course, but this Snapper season just gone, we tried our luck floating out a balloon while out having a crack at the reds.The shimano overhead was put together by a mate, and I inherited a very old solid glass Jarvis walker trolling rod with a top roller. Since a few sharks had been hooked accidentally while snapper fishing, it made sense to put something together for a bit of fun with a live slimey floated out.The results were pretty good and our best effort on this set up was a 6ft hammer head :):):)The only trouble is that as a trolling rod, it ain't real comfortable lol.So I've been keeping an eye out for a more comfortable rod at a pretty low price (the current rod was given to me :) ).Anyway, I've seen these Abu rods a few times now and I reckon they look okay... I could replace the roller if need be, no dramas. The rod I've got though does have a very strong steel reel seat.So if anyones got one of these rods, love to know if they are okay....? It's only $50 but it's still $50 wasted if the reel comes off or it snaps on us. Here's the vid again of our first outing with the trolling rod... It's old but it works as my mate found out when he took dibs on our first run ;) (it's after the snapper)

I saw an Abu Garcia game rod in BigW for $50Has anyone tried one of these??? I would be very interested to know.So if anyones got one of these rods' date=' love to know if they are okay....? It's only $50 but it's still $50 wasted if it snaps on us. Cheers[/quote']Then it would be a snapper rod . :lol: :lol: :lol: :woohoo: