Drifting for Squid

ay guys just looking for any info reguarding Drifting for Squid. I went out after work today a local spot and drifted in the in comming tide for some squid . Managed to snag 12 medium sized squid. It was very calm and you could see the Squid stalking the jig in about 10 to 15 foot of water a truly amazing sight, they were even attacking each other to get to to jig. Awsume sight. Just wondering if any one would like to share their experiences in doing this ? :fishing::boot:

Yeah mate, that's how i do it. I have a few handlines with Tommies and jags, and a couple of rods with jigs. Went out last week and the water was like an aquarium, just so clear and i love watching chase the lures and the tommies too.Every time i saw one i was like "man that buggers huuuuuugggggge!!!!!" but it's just the water magnifying 'em :(:laugh:

ay guys just looking for any info reguarding Drifting for Squid.

I usually find drifting much faster than the current means fewer takes from the aquid. If you want your lures that bit deeper' date=' just loop the appropriate sized sinker over your mainline around 2 meters from the lure :)

if any one would like to share their experiences in doing this ? :fishing::boot:

Wrap yourself in Glad Wrap first to make cleaning up easier :side: :S

One got me good the other dayI usually try to get them to get rid of most of their ink before bringing aboardSo i brought it in and could see that it had spat out a lot of ink in the water so straight in the bucket it wentA few minutes later when i was putting another squid in the bucked the squid i just caught a few minutes before let it ripPERFECT HITFace, neck and chest all covered in ink plus the boat got a fair spray as wellNext time ill put a lid on the bucket

One got me good the other daythe squid i just caught a few minutes before let it ripPERFECT HITFace' date=' neck and chest all covered in ink plus the boat got a fair spray as wellNext time ill put a lid on the bucket[/quote']Happens to the best of us BG :whistle: :blush::clap: Maybe just do the neck squeeze on them as you lift them in, until they turn white. That kills them and no squirting issues ;)

yeah I can remember squidding off the point at hallett cove once when i was younger ,it was late in the arvo and the everything was just perfect,weather tides,water was like glass hardly a ripple.....and same thing plenty of squid following the lure.....caught plenty that day!.....never seen that many squid in one place before. B)

We always drift, but drifting and fanning casts while drifting.. Usually drift till we get one then if we don't get another for awhile cruise back to the start and drift again...Always use a bucket with a lid and a hole cut in the top... Grab the squid behind the head and squeeze as you bring them in and then in the hole in the bucket so they can't have a second crack...

drifting can be produtive but also 2 teasers on floats with no hooks in them works well too just push the swivle though the eyes and connect to the line no matter what u will catch 1 every time the float goes under if they dont get spiked they will never give up trying to steal ur teaser ;) when u get them close to the boat chuck ur jag out behind them and take ur teaser out of the water and they will slam ur jag aggresivly every time ;) some times when u pull teaser close there can be up to 10 squid behind it if so chuck ur jag out behind and catch all the lose ones before catching the 1 on ya teaser this should help ya increase ya catches mate B) hoopsy

Well done mate' date='at least something is better than donuts and enjoyed the day out.:clap: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:[/quote']Thanks mate. I saw a guy leaving with his Bar Crusher when i went to park the car and thought it may have been you went to say hi but obviously it wasn't. :) Then i noticed it had "Pacific marine on the side and then thought it could of been the guy on here who was asking about one.Anyway it was beautiful out there yesterday.
Well done mate' date='at least something is better than donuts and enjoyed the day out.:clap: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:[/quote']Thanks mate. I saw a guy leaving with his Bar Crusher when i went to park the car and thought it may have been you went to say hi but obviously it wasn't. :) Then i noticed it had "Pacific marine on the side and then thought it could of been the guy on here who was asking about one.Anyway it was beautiful out there yesterday.
That sounds like the demo one that is for sale on gumtree,slightly different to mine as that one is the 520CR with the soft top. $42,000.