Hi guys, i went fishing down southport yesterday as the salmon have been running pretty good down there at the moment i took my usual a bag of pilchards my 4/0 hooks and a 3 ounce star sinker,i hooked up to a 60 cm stomper its the biggest one i have seen but am relatively new to the salmon fishing is anyone able to tell me if thats a good size for salmon thanks mayzee :)250215_2109013688356_1335997257_32500334_3102847_n.jpg

no worries mate i might make my way down there again in a couple of hours aswell and flick some lures around had a good run on them the other day second cast was into a fish :woohoo: .If you head too the same area i think you were fishing from what i can tell by what the fish was sittin on they should come in again .Around what time did you hook up ive found lately they fire up a bit as the tide is dropping back out . :laugh: a quick look at your profile pic tells me we were fishing together last week :laugh: .Welcome aboard too mate .MM

:laugh::laugh: I think you might be onto something there aff this 1 i got was having a guzzle aswell.MM[attachment=5424]salmon.jpg[/attachment]

it sure wasnt going to be dehydrated coffee,baby's formula,mother and a coke at least you covered most bases :laugh::laugh: and a cracker fish too mayzee well done :clap::clap:

Well FINALLY a decent sesh!!!!Got there at about 3pm with Grego, already 20 odd people fishing, so found a spot and set up, started off quietly then Grego was on, then on again, then again... :S Then FINALLY i got one :lol:Ended up 5-6 for Grego and 2 for me, my biggest was 39cm and over a KG i reckon. was a pretty good sesh, can't wait to head back there!!!While getting my gear ready i couldn't decide if i should take my waders or not, so didn't bother... soon as i walked over the dunes and saw the water i had a "WTF didn't i moment" :lol:Next time i will be much more prepared....Also, call me crazy, but my rod got in the shower before me when i got home, have to wash all that salt crap off them... :lol:

next time ya go there softy n co if ya mate hooks up and youve got a bait in the water take an extra rod with ya and if mate beside you hooks up and you dont rather quickley after jump on the opposite side too where your bait is and get a lure out there asap chances are they just arent comin through far enough too find your bait but theyll always find a metal slug when ya dong em on the head with it :laugh::laugh: .MM

hey guys southport once again produced the goods again today it was an early morning for me at the beach by 5.30 i casted out was on straight away got onto 9 salmon all up left at 9.00 and they were still going strong but had to go home to my bloody mrs lol anyways just letting ya know they are still running great down there! :)