Marion Bay/Wedge island Reef fishing with Plastics

ay fellas heading to marionbay this weekend going to be fishing some grounds i have never done before with acharter.im only going to goo and use plastics only not gonna bother wid bait one biti have only even caught snapper on plastics around the reefs but would love to get some big nannygai or even blue morwong and if im lucky kingies or samsons or blue grouper i can only PRAY :whistle: just wondering who has fishing these grounds before and doen well with plastics and what fish have you caught etc how big and that.i have my Soft Plastic Weapon of choice ;) but just wanted to see and here from others what has workd well down that area :cheer: cheers

love to get some big nannygai or even blue morwong and if im lucky kingies or samsons or blue grouper i can only PRAY

You never know Brazino depending on what sort of soft plastic fisho you are (Squidgies or Gulp). Just drop down a slick rig or a big flickbait you never know mate!!

haha never mind buddy. Pelagic action overall is very limited in SA and from my own experience i've found deep water kings and samsons hard to locate. Such a big ocean and relaively speaking so few of these fish in SA's waters.When they're shutdown on lures livebaits definitely help but again i still think you need luck on your side to catch them.I always consider them a lucky bonus.

yeh i agree with you manthey will only take u places to get smaller table fish like nannygaithey no wer the kings n samsons are but thern not gna take u on jst a day charter for $250 thats for sure... ive caught bigger n better fish on walaroo jetty then wat i did on tht charter.. but ohwel it was $250 that nothingdo you have you own boat and go out there

Hey Branzino. I've heard a lot of good things about Absolute Fishing Charters.The other week at work I met a fella that works for them and he showed me some of his own fishing photos on his phone..... :woohoo: ....mako sharks and just kingy after Samson after kingy :) :). I didn't bother breaking out MY pics of little bream, snapper and just legal mulloway :blush: I have a mate with a big trailcraft that does Rocky and greenly islands pretty regular and this guy from absolute charters talks about his fishing in the same way my mate does.... if you know what I mean, kinda laid back and modest, but you know they do some serious no nonsense ballistic fishing. If I had the cash, the time, and was without a mate to take me.... I would be getting on board an Absolute fishing charter next season ;)

yeh have heard mixd reports about them with ther 3 days chartes live aboard 1 year goo the next not soo goodbut 3 days fishin you would hope you would get at least 10 decent fish after paying all that..im not stuff round no more these days interstates the bestim off to WA - Exmouth next month to smash sum gts etcso thats 3 days fishin hope get some good fish therei will giv absolute a crack though next season maybe you can come to :fishing:

Branzino - When the fish are shut down mate it does not matter where you are. Have been on a reef 25okays off the Queensland coast and still had days where I should have fished from the mother boat instead of the dory. The fish are there, they are just not hitting any baits and sometimes even livies. Then 2 days later you almost have the fish jumping into the boat.Reefs shutdown just like everywhere else and the best thing to do when its like that is chuck the mask and fins on and grab the gun and plug a few to have something to do. One thing I would recommend you do before going, go and buy a handline and spool it with 200lb mono. Then when your fishing at night on the reef drop down a live stripey or Hussar or similiar with a couple of 10/0's through it. And wear some gloves..Good fun all round.

yeh have heard mixd reports about them with ther 3 days chartes live aboard 1 year goo the next not soo goodbut 3 days fishin you would hope you would get at least 10 decent fish after paying all that..im not stuff round no more these days interstates the bestim off to WA - Exmouth next month to smash sum gts etcso thats 3 days fishin hope get some good fish therei will giv absolute a crack though next season maybe you can come to :fishing:

If you don't have your own boat i would highly recommend absolute fishing charters next autumn.I've gotten to know those two blokes over the years chatting to them at the coffins wharf and they really do know what they're doing.Rocky and Greenly are often fickle where they fire one day and totally dead the next. Not much can be done about that but its fair to say the two blokes from absolute know that place better than anyone else these days and would provide the best chance of seriola action.