hi fellas as youve probabley read by now ive been gettin into my fair share of the salmon schools lately,now im not having trouble catching fish just wondering if anyones had a crack at them with poppers and what type of popper where you using i love seeing fihs hit lures on the surface and wouldnt mind giving it a crack next time i find em all fired up i reckon it would be a blast .MM

yeah im more leaning towards 1 of those rare days when its nice and reasonabley calm and ya get lucky and find a school close enough in this morning would of been a good time just the fish werent really that thick so not sureif theyd of been excited enough for it will definatley be looking into though be some good footage for jimbo too play with if it works out .MM

yep been thinking about doin this myself got a few poppers i could throw at them really dont need calm conditions. couple of my customers do quite well at waits from time to time with a popper setuppoppers of around the 30 to 40 grams seem to do the job for them.

Big surface walkers are better than poppers.Look for a lure with more of a 'walk the dog action'/ie;ZipBait IronyJackall MoccasinAtomic K9 BulldogSeem to work better as they slash across the surface than bug cup faced poppers.Nothing like seeing the big green/brown backs coming up behind it then smashin it.

cheers mate i reckon ill have a look for a couple of those in the next or so your right too mate theres nothing like seeing ya lure just doing its thing them wham out of no where it gets belted right before your eyes .Ive got redfin on popper before and that was fun just too see me hitting it ,i reckon a nice size salmon would be just that much better though.MM

Nice size salmon will launch itself and the lure out of the water.Another good option is the Rapala sub surface xraps, but there a tad pricey at $23 each.Atomic K9s would be the most economical and i think they have a fairly good range down at BCF noarlunga.As with the chromies, it doesnt hurt to change trebles over to singles.

thanks mate im not far from there and was thinking bout checkin the poppers they have so ill deinfatley be looking at the k9's i dont mind spending a few extra $$ on a decent lure i just mainly hold those 1's in reserve for places im less likely too lose them but as we all know if something big enough wants it bad enough theres always the chance it wont make it back too you :laugh::laugh: ,Ill be having a look at the sub surface x-raps aswell i like the sound of that alone as i generally tend too work my lures close too the surface when salmon fishing anyway .MM