Northern Metro Compilation

after countless hours iam still yet to catch a mulloway :( is it better to fish the creeks around garden island or the main river in the port?

I'm new to boating back in the port. Since I sold my boat about two months before they lifted the anchor ban :pinch: Back pre 2005 (before the ban took effect) I'd only ever caught non legal schoolies. And the ones we re getting now are only marginally better. As you can probably tell from the video, only about two fish are caught up a creek, the rest are out in the open ;) just a matter of finding holes or structure that the fish hide in ready to ambush bait disorientated in the tide.The same principles apply in the main port river too. All that you have heard is true. Eddies at the back if channel markers and bridge pilons. Deep on the very bottom of the shipping channel. Off to the side of storm drains, etc etc. The guys that catch the big 50+ pounders are not mucking around with school jewies, or fishing for Bream (like us). They are deliberately targeting them.I am doing this a lot now. So take it from me, it ain't easy. I still toss a little rod now and then for a bream or ST, but since this mulloway bug bit me, 90% of my fishing has been hunting for a big Port Jewie. It's hard to give up looking for school fish, give up visiting my favourite spots like the goannas. I think I am beginning to figure out the difference between the Big Mulloway and other fish. I'm getting secretive too, creeping out onto ripe landbased spots in the darkness and swearing at dolphins :cheer: ....but you know what??? I am really loving the planning, adventure and the marathon effort of it :) it's costing me some good fish, but I know 100% that I'm closer than I have ever been to that magic 50+pound Mulloway. I dream about it and daydream about it. I am tying my rigs sooo perfectly, and keeping my old reel in ultimate condition. I had a good hit landbased this Saturday, and my mates rod had a good knock too :woohoo: ...... The hook up aint that far away B)

is that a northbank boat your fishing in ??

yeah mate :) it ain't a boat if it ain't a Northbank :P It's actually two boats in that footage. The one offshore is the 5.5 cuddy and the one on the mangroves is the 5.4 runnabout, both with a 115 Merc Saltwater. Amazing how much more fishing room the run about has.... But the cuddy is a dry ride