Can anyone help us out with the timing of the Port River Blood Worm run ?I'm hearing various stories about it, mainly because the feedback i'm getting comes from some years ago.From what i understand they (the worms) should start their run on the night of the first tide out after the new moon in July. Can anyone confirm or give us some some better indication of the event !Cheers fodfa

From what i understand they (the worms) should start their run on the night of the first tide out after the new moon in July. Can anyone confirm or give us some some better indication of the event !

Make that THREE nights after the new moon. You should start to see them a coupla hours into the runout tide. It can be a little hit and miss, so you miss them the night you head out, try again the following night.

Thanks Ranger, from what i read and hear it does sound a little that way with the good luck theme.Might give it a couple of nights into the moon and go for a run.Just trying to come up with a new source of free bait other than the gold covered cockle.Cheers

gday mate ranger is spot on i will be out there this sunday monday and tuesday if need be ;) killer baits everything loves them i use them with cockles or squid more of a berly on ur hook if fishing for YFW just blood worms went through nearly 100 packs since last year got about 6 left so just in time :) get out there about 8pm anchor and use a torch or flash the spottys till they come up....will do a post monday night and keep yas informed they will run for about 3 nights with 1 being the best so pays to try a day early good luck anything u need to know flip me a pm happy to help mate cheers hoopsy

Hi Fishers,I had a look last night, Saturday 2nd as I would have expected the run to start. Bummer! we were on the water at 7.30pm at Garden Island 2.5 hours after top tide and looked around in my usual spots for 2 hours. No worms, got a bit damp, but it was calm and a pleasent night on the water. I will try again tonight if it is not too windy.Good fishingGood luck on the wormsPanda Bear

Hi Fishers' date='I had a look last night, Saturday 2nd as I would have expected the run to start. Bummer! we were on the water at 7.30pm at Garden Island 2.5 hours after top tide and looked around in my usual spots for 2 hours. No worms, got a bit damp, but it was calm and a pleasent night on the water. I will try again tonight if it is not too windy.Good fishingGood luck on the wormsPanda Bear[/quote']Reckon you might have been 1 night early, and maybe left about two hours early PB.Ive always found they seem to run best on the second half of the runout :)

Second night, No Blood worms, Out at 8.30pm and returned at 10.15. Everyone was having the same result. 4 boats out where I launched. I will try again tomorrow, but I have a question, This July has 2 new moons with the second on the 31st, perhaps the the run will be then? has anyone had this happen before?Good fishingPanda Bear

This July has 2 new moons with the second on the 31st' date=' perhaps the the run will be then? has anyone had this happen before?[/quote']Bloodworm run starts 3 nights after the "first" new moon.I would agree with Brent. If this one turns out to be a little sad, next month will be bigger.

there was a run lastnite ...worms were rising by 9.30....ended up with 5kg before getting blown off the water

Thanks for the update CookieWe dabbed some from the shore and got hit by that squall too. A guy near us struggled to get a handful but quickly dabbed 20 while that wind hit us :) It dropped for 1/2 an hr or so and returned with a vengance later on. At that stage we called it quits.probably wont take the boat out tonight, but might try the shore again if the wind is in the right 1/4 :)