lures in the port

When I take my boy out here's what I do;Buy a bag of good pillies (the individually frozen ones) then go and get some little crabs from under rocks (kids love doin that and the bream love em too)A light rod each (2-4kg max) and I use braid with a mono or fluro trace two times the length of the rod tied with a double uni. with a little size six baitholder hook. I start with little slices of pilchard unweighted or a 00 ball sinker running free to the hook. If you start catching Bream switch to crab and if the salmon trout are biting hard chuck a 3" power minnow on instead of the hook. Around them wrecks is my favourite place for bream on plastics. The tide can fair rip through there though :ohmy: when it is moving you can always chuck a big bait out on a heavy rod into the back eddies around the wrecks and into the deeper gutters/channels around that whole area for a chance of a mully.I really love that train bridge too, around eddies at the back of the pilons is great and on the western side of the bridge (I think it's west on the mangrove side of it) there is a good concrete ledge that's sometimes full of fish cos i think it kind of undercuts.Remember your allowed to anchor all over the system now. Depending on the size of your boat, there's some good areas where you can get right in under structure when the tides low.Hope you and the young fella get heaps of fish :)

thanks jack for the advice looking forward to having a go at bream on the light gear hopefully the sun will come out at some stage over the holidays ps this is agreat website many thanks to the people who put the hard work into setting it up cheers all cuz