Help needed on level wind

Hi all.As some would know, I recently bought a Simano Tekota 500 level wind. Here's the model http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shimano-Tekota-500-Levelwind-Reel-TEK500-TEK-500-New-/200595407744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb46b0380It would be under warranty, but to save me driving 1/2 an hr each way to the place of purchase, I'm hoping someone might be able to point out why my level wind isn't working at all :huh: I havent really looked at it that much yet because I cant see anyuthing obviously wrong, but will do that and post up if anything comes up.Cheers :)

I'm no expert but if the worm drive is turning then it might just need some adjustment on the Spindle,on some overheads there is a screw that determines how deep the spindle lug goes into the worm drive.....well on the old Abu's it did not too sure on the Tekota's. cheers brenton

Shoulda bought an Abu' date=' AFF!Could be the spindle lug as Brenton suggested. One of my Daiwa MagForce reels had a similar problem. It was the spindle lug adjustment. It could also be gearing like mr balls said. Hope not though. Gearing is a pain in the proverbial when it stuffs up.[/quote']Thanks guys.It definitelky looks like the spindle lug is the issue.If it's the gearing it goes back to the shop !I'm just about to pull the worm drive out for a look now, hopefully it's not brentons paperclip causing the problem :blink: :silly:

To honest brenton,if an expensive reel like thay played up not long after buying it I"d not be bothered fixing it or even looking for a prob,straight to the place I"d ought it from and be asking fot my money back and telling them to flush it down the bog, or a swap for a daiwa saltist or a penn 525 and a new paper clip just for good measure :laugh: Checkout the new daiwa black gold saltists on ebay.....yeah thats a reel B)