Filling the box (no innuendo)

Ok since I got a nice return on the tax, the woman has made a deal with me and is allowing me to stock my tackle box to a level that will keep me going for a long time.I intend to go shopping at ray and annes and spend big. Im making a list and checking it twice!If anyone can think of something an avid bream fisho like myself needs add it to the list! the missus cant get angry if its suggested by you guys!This is it so far, havent put any SP or hard bodys in yet, suggest away!ON THE LISTDaiwa RCS Finesse reel upgradesome new braid scissorsa digital scalesplit ring pliers (still dont have these!)

Get the Smith split ring tweezers for bream HB's and some cheap pointy nose pliers for removing trebles from the fish and perhaps yourself.Hbs....chubbies,Zipbaits(you may have to go to SFS for these)ecogear sx 43-48's,Atomic hard shads deep,cultiva mirror shads,Jackall squirrels 61,Smith Panish,Daiwa presso 6f.Daiwa DC's etc etcWith summer coming a few surface lures px 45-55,towadi's, megapens,zipbait skinnypops etc etcsome sinking stick baits.....the list is endless, you will also need some metal blades and some vibes.Probably also a good idea to get a few dozen packs of S/Ps starting with some wrigglers and jighead of various size and weight, a S/P wallet and while your at it a Plano box for all your new lures,1 can of inox for lures and reelsYou will definitley need a few different spools of leader material(rockfish)a few packs of trebles because (sadly) even some of the great lures come out with crappy hooks and a head torch.......Hows that for starters. cheers brenton

Step 1...Go to the newsagent at West lakes mallStep 2... Purchase a copy of Mo Tackle Catalogue ($12 95)Step 3...Spend a considerable amount of time browsing said Catalogue.Step 4...Remove Considerable amount of $ from wallet.Step 5... Recieve Mo Tackle catalogue for the next 12 mths for free via mail.While Ray and Annes is cheap..... I believe Mo Tackle has a far better selection and they will match any price anyway.An added bonus is the catalogue every 3 mths which keeps you up to date on all the new products available.Good Luck Mate.

I think there is great potential to waste a lot of money in this situation especially with all the bream crap that is now available.I wouldn't go crazy and buy $500 worth of lures in one hit. I would just get a 3 or 4 that you will know will work well and fish them with confidence.

I wouldn't go crazy and buy $500 worth of lures in one hit. I would just get a 3 or 4 that you will know will work well and fish them with confidence.

Yeah I agree. Maybe in terms of HBs try some SX40s. (One with a natural colour, and one with a brighter more unnatural colour). These are more expensive than most lures but outperform them as well. After all, there is no use in owning lures that are cheap and nasty; you just won't use them.In terms of SPs, I would invest in some Squidgy Wrigglers, Fish or Critters so that you can cover all bases as well as a range of differently weighted jigheads. SPs are not as expensive as HBs so you can probably afford to buy a few packs.

Thanks for the great advice guys!I dont plan on going all out for the sake of it, the missus wouldnt be impressed if I did that :laugh: I have a few SX40's, got a road test last weekend. Nothing yet on them, but the quality of the lures is impressive. I have a few wrigglers and fish, I will definitely be stocking the SP's more than the HB's. As for the vibes, I might just get the berkley big eye blades. I bought a ecogear vibe recently and it was lost in the first few seconds. When I can get 6 of the berks for 2 of the VX it makes sense cash wise.