6lb carp on 2lb line

Hey fellas . Headed out the other week down to Fountain Vally to test out my new reel an 2lb line . Wanted to catch something half decent that would give me a good run . As i was sitting there Carpslayer94 came walking round the edge of the lake an said g'day . Glad he sat down for a fish with me as i didn't have a landing net and Carpslayer94 had his . Bonus . Chatting away with Carpslayer , Southie rocks up to have a fish and joins us as well . Southie had his fishing rods locked up at work unfortunately and asked if he could borrow one of mine an of course this was no worries . No sooner had i handed my spare rod over to Southie , the line takes of . :( Southie lands a catfish . A PB i believe IMG_8295Medium.JPGIMG_8299Medium.JPGAnd then he lands a carp .IMG_8308Medium.JPGIMG_8315Medium.JPGAnd then another catfish .IMG_8330Medium.JPGNot sure i should of lent him my spare rod now :laugh::laugh::laugh: Some were in amongst this action i did manage this 6lb carp on my little rod http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ0PogOVoAAfter that Southie had to get going an it was getting dark so i also packed up . In the last couple of minutes i had another bite and landed a first for me . Double header carp an catfish . Sweet .IMG_8346Medium.JPG

nice work there...i would be re-thinking the use of the lip-grip on catties though. I acknowledge there are dangers in handling them but the use of these grips can cause damage....nice hybrid there too ;)

Um... What are the dangers handling them because I actually held the catfish by its body for a picture when I took it? Now I am worried. LOL! My first cattie and I didn't know much about them apart from them being protected species.
PikkOn' date=' Tandanus Catfish should always be handled carefully.They have 'saw-edged spines' in the dorsal and pectoral fins that can inflict painful wounds. I'm talking from experience too! ;)[/quote']Wow... Thanks for the advice. I was holding it up for the camera with the line and supported it's back by holding its tail. I figured that'd be best for the fish since it was so slippery. Didn't want it to fall and didn't want to crush it. I ended up protecting myself in the process. :)As for unhooking it, I used my trusty pliers.