Penn 330 GTI drag query

Hey lads I just bought the above mentioned reel for my mate as he wants to start chasing kingies and sharks. Specs say it holds 625yds of 50lb braid so the line capacity is pretty good. The specs say the drag is 7.2kg but considering the reel was in a combo and was only $129 (on special mind you, normally $189) would (can it be) it be worth upgrading the drag washers? Not sure if the stock ones will hold up to the abuse they're bound to get :)Cheers for any help lads(My mate has recently moved to pt vic and is now the chef in the pub so has PLENTY of spare time to fish)Very jealous!Thanks for any help lads

As chuckemback said it is possible to increase the amount of drag but the reel isn't designed to handle that much stress. As for durability, the Penn HT-100 drag washers are the toughest around and will take a good beating before needing replacement. The reel is a good starting point, but if your mate gets serious about chasing bigger sharks and kingies he may want to think about an upgrade.