Guideless Rods

Hi HookstersJust curious if any Hooksters have tried these out yet and their view on them. Posted ImageFor more details on them.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OSPREY-INLINE-GUIDELESS-ROD-7FOOT-2-1METRE-NEW-/260585855966?_trksid=p3907.m8&_trkparms=algo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D12%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3I am thinking that they would be a great squidding rod. ;)B) :woohoo:

Isnt there one called a Daiwa Master Interline Tournament-Z.Its a very nice looking bit of gear. Dave Buttfield from Hooked fishes with his quite a bit for bream and flatties and loves them.For me, I like guides. Havent tried one yet. They really never took off. Theyve been out for years now.816.jpgCheck out this picture of a small red caught on one!201553_1955929100688_1316538136_3040044_7731145_o.gif

I've got a baitcasting outfit I occasionally use for chucking HBs around in fresh water. It's a Daiwa Procaster X Interline 602 MLRB-1 matched to a Shimano Cardiff 100. I've had it for nigh on 10 years. It's a sweet enough little outfit - the only downside being that to thread the line through the guts of the rod, you've got to use a thin metallic cable with a loop in one end (supplied with the rod). If you have a bust off in the middle of a hot bite, it's not the easiest thing to re-thread your line quickly - and additionally, you can be a bit stuffed if you mislay the cable. Otherwise, a nice unit to use...Cheersaf B)

apparently they cast a mile. I myself wouldnt really go for one' date=' I reckon it would be easy to get sand and salt inside it and therefore cause abrasion to your lines.[/quote']That is a very good point ABF, i am a bit sceptical on the use of braid with them aswell. :whistle: