really need some advce - please help

last night i went and fshed perry's bend at the onk after the stompa comp had winded down. i was using some fresh mullet and squid from brownies fish n chip shop. He also gave me some offal that i was chucking in as burley. Anyway i got spiked by a fish fn around the first knuckle joint in my thumb. I woke up this morning..... my whole thumb is swollen like its about to burst. It feels red hot and the pain and swelling is moving down nto my hand and is ****ing excruciating. I have disinfected the whole area and also have a small cut at the top of my thumb that i cant seem to clean out. :( :sick: :pinch: Its scaring the shit out of me. Has anyone experienced this and do i need to go to hospital ??? any info or advice is greatly appreciated.thanks in advance - tippo

All good advice so far.I'd suggest either a mild toxin/allergic reaction from the fish slime/barb, a foreign object or an infection.No matter which it's time to see the doc.I'd say if it feels red hot along with the swelling as you suggest, then it's already infected and it aint gonna get better by itself. Get the wound cleaned out properly (they may lance it to do this), a shot of antibiotics and a 7 day course of antibiotic pills and you should be good to go!

My advice is to start completing one of those free will kits.Youve most likely been spined by a stone fish and probably have less than 24hrs to live.Go out and live the high life. Clock up copius amounts of debt tonight as tommorow it wont matter.Tip of the week. dont get spiked by a stone fish! :laugh::laugh::laugh: All jokes, Im feeling your pain. Ive been spiked by snapper a few times and its hurt like hell. This must feel like youve just jumped from a building and landed on it, or like you need to jump from a building to end the pain.but thats another tip.