Where can I get Rod bits from?

Hi Guys, title is probably a little vague. Where can I get bit like the Eye's etc.. for making a rod? I have just been given a 10' Glass rod with wooden handle (unknown origin) and thought about making it up into a working rod. Probably cheaper buying one made up, but it seems like an interesting project, and one I could involve the kids in I guess. As said, the Rod is 10' in length and at the point before the handle it's roughly about 25mm or 1 inch dia. I haven't got it yet, but can post pics later.

Big W? never even given them a thought. Thanks.
Good move!Just replaced a complete set of rings on an old but loved whiting rod for the princely sum of $7.50 :clap:
Bare in mind you only get what you pay for. Cheap yes' date=' but how long will they last ?.[/quote']Probably wouldn't run braid with these eyes but ideal for an old knockabout rod such as our poster is asking about

I haven't seen the rod yet, or what condition it is in, but I have taken on board all advice. I'll be up near wallaroo on December 3rd I think, to pick up a new dog from an animal rescue shelter, so if I remember I might pop into Compleat Angler for a look.All I know is it's about 10' long and at the base near the handle it is about 1" thick, going out to 1.25" on the handle. Oh and made of Fiberglass

Gday.Ross up at The Rod Works (www.therodworks.com.au) is about as friendly and helpful as a bloke can be. He sells a complete range of rod building components and materials - and makes excellent rods as well.SA Rods is another seller of components as well and also makes top notch rods.Another source of materials and equipment is in Coffs Harbour NSW called MoTackle (www.motackle.com.au). They have a good website and your purchases are mailed to you pretty swiftly.Good luck with it.Cheers.

Hi Astroman,If you have not purchased the Guides, I stock a comprehensive range in my shop, and if I don't have what you want, I can get it. Because we build rods here, we can give advice as to how many guides will be required, what sizes and the spacings the guides will need to be. If you want to keep the price down, we also have a huge range of 2nd hand guides which have been removed from broken rods, most of which were new. If you need any advice, please don't hesitate to call me.Regards SteveLet's Go Fishin'

Hi Astroman' date='If you have not purchased the Guides, I stock a comprehensive range in my shop, and if I don't have what you want, I can get it. Because we build rods here, we can give advice as to how many guides will be required, what sizes and the spacings the guides will need to be. If you want to keep the price down, we also have a huge range of 2nd hand guides which have been removed from broken rods, most of which were new. If you need any advice, please don't hesitate to call me.Regards SteveLet's Go Fishin'[/quote']Thanks for the offer Steve, I will certainly be interested in the cheaper option, don't want to go too dear with it, considering the price of new ones. When I am ready I'll let you know...Thanks for the reply...
I'd jam it in the ground and use it to hold up my tomato seedlings.cheers brenton
That would stand up some pretty big tomato plants....