New Mully/ Snapps Rod

G'day guys,There have probably been similar posts on this site before but with next season's rod ranges being released recently I am after a shimano, okuma or daiwa boat fishing spin rod suited for port river mulloway and pinkie-medium sized snapper.I have had a look on motackle and the t curve rev inshore looks alright in the 4-6kg or 6-8kg size?I have a reel loaded with braid so all I'm after is a nice rod to marry it with.Price range is probably anthing under $225 odd? Nothing too much more. Cheers.

hay mate just my 2cents what ever there worth, if you want new try a shamano nexave 701 8-15 kg,realy fast taper on them and forgiving in the tip with out being slopy,but heaps of grunt in the butt for the odd big fella your sure to run in to eventually,i gave mine (new)a hiding on the snaps the other day and was very impressed,have a look see what ya recon,takle world port rd 130dollars good value for money,if you wanted to go old school get a BLACK TIGER ugly stick(hard to get hold of these days as the are an origanl ugly made in the states not the k-mart vergen you get now days but you might try 2nd hand stores or the older takle shops around)there rated at 5-24kg as above forgiving in the tip but heaps of guts in the butt,just my 2cents ,enjoy ;)B)

The decision you need to make is weather you go old school or modern....I was making that decision, but ended up with my old school platinum ugly stk for a bday present. Decision made... It's 6-10kg and I love it. My big 6000 spin reel is perfect and I don't have to worry about funny angles snapping it if left in the holder, heaps of grunt but a nice taper that allows me to feel small bites. Some people are off ugly stiks nowadays but I tell THEM ti get stuffed! If you want a good alternative, some say silstar are the go.If you go new school, don't go past the t curve range mate ;) they are super light weight and strong and you can switch it up and.chuck decent jigs and plastics too. Light weight modern rod is ideal too for a nice quality 3000-4000 reel. Cheers