HEALTHY MULLOWAY CHAT. BRING YER THEORIES AND A PIC MAYBE

Has anyone had any success in westlakes lately? I have been out atleast 10 times for nothing. I didnt think a place like westlakes would shut down unless its just me? Back in oct/nov me and my mates were going well.I was also told in winter alot of larger mulloway would hold up in the top end of the port, and as it gets warmer they tend to move into the garden island area is that true, or are they year round in the same area?thanks

Has anyone had any success in westlakes lately? I have been out atleast 10 times for nothing. I didnt think a place like westlakes would shut down unless its just me? Back in oct/nov me and my mates were going well.I was also told in winter alot of larger mulloway would hold up in the top end of the port' date=' and as it gets warmer they tend to move into the garden island area is that true, or are they year round in the same area?thanks[/quote']There is some truth in what you said....Schoolies do tend to be more prolific in the warmer months. However there are times in and around winter that can surprise on the schoolies. Really big mulloway tend to be there more in winter probably because there is less competition for food from the summer schoolies?All in all though both really big mullies and school mullies can be caught at any time of year in both the north arm, and port river system. Autumn can be dynamite for big ones too especially when the mullet and salmon trout are around in good numbers.Ultimately get your livebait and get it in the water as much as possible around some structure or areas free of strong currents as mullies luv to sit in areas of slack water and wait for prey.Time and changing tactics to suit the conditions is key to getting them in the boat/shore IMO. Learn what's around and under you and avoid anything these fish can use to bust you off by pulling up tight asap if need be....just get your bait in the right place first then worry about your predetermined plan of attack given what you have assessed prior to dropping anchor.TB TB