Aerosol in tackle box dangerous

hi guys and lady's my son had one of those sprays you spray on soft plastics, well he had it in his tackle box were most people of course keep them, he had aerosol type i have the pump one, went out to his boat and there was hooks on the concrete, all through the boat, looked in the boat and thought what the hell, lid missing of his plano 777 tackle box, thought how could that have broken, as it was in peices every were.started picking up stuff and found the aerosol that had blown up, the day was 30 degrees, can said dont expose over 40 deg, but i can understand in the box lid clear plastic (were he had it) would must have got hot still, and possibly build up over a few days too. 2 days before my missus was sitting on the box fishing in the boat.so anyone who has one in there box just be warned please, flying hooks ect could have ended up in eyes, and if kids close i would hate to think. some takle ended up 15 feet away from boat on the ground.my son said oh well went and got a new plano box, he lost a leg 3 years ago he has more money than me, i said if you dont mind can i have your box, he said yes of course, the plano lids clip on and off, so i emailed plano, and told them exactly what happened, no lies told just plain truth all i wanted was price for a replacement lid, well they emailed me back next day, said send them my address and they will send me a lid for free the same week.that is what i call a great company, how many would do that for anyone, it was not Plano's fault at all just an accident. i am very impressed with the outcome, i will buy Plano again for sure.

i contacted plano australia, they said i would have the lid to me this week.i contacted: Glenn LettsJ.M.Gillies Agencies Pty Ltd36 Agosta Drive Laverton North Vic 3026Ph: 03 8360 8191Fax: 03 8360 8189Web: www.jmgillies.com.auso if slow i assume its bcf, i emailed on the weekend and Glenn got back to me monday so thats fast enough for me. just will see when part gets here. but he said it would be posted this week.

got the lid for tackle box today, so very happy with that, lid is broken but just a corner peice very small does not afect the lid in any way, i think that the 777 is not made any more i cant see it on the site sals list, so maybe thats all they had laying around, but hey im not complaining lid free, and really a can exploding was not really plaos fault with the lid breaking, i would get onto BCF and say whats up, i had my part in 4 days from them getting my email.