Sun Protection

G day guys well, the tittle speaks for its self, how do you go about sun protection? I personally haven't really bothered about it up, always wore my wide brim hat and a bit of sunscreen but everything changed other week. I am currently taking a medication that makes my skin super sensitive, after a good 7 hours out in the sun on Australia day getting stuck into some salmon my skin became so burnt it resulted in a trip to the RAH burns unit.Its been a big wake up call since then, but its got me thinking. On a hot summers day how does one go about making sure they are fully protected? Does anyone know of a good long selves top that is both comfortable and cool on a hot summers day?So every one keep fishing and please be sun smart :)

ive got a wide brim hat with a skirt for the neck and ears,got a ventilated long sleeve fishing shirt i think they make pants but havent been interested,my feet usually get a heavy dose of spf and usually feel it the most in the boat so thongs and socks comes to mind or sandals if your beaching :lol: plenty out there on google and i think complete angler carry a reasonable stock,im not 100% but they have recently launched an online shop,good hunting.top service in that burns unit :clap::clap::clap: ,have had to visit it myself :vomit:

long sleeve shirt/hat etc.i always make sure the feet have plenty of spf. a good mate of mine crisped his feet down the murry mouth one day.he had to work the next wearing his steel caps. his feet ending up looking like pepperoni pizzas :sick: .he couldn't wear shoes for weeks :( .he nearly always wears shoes when he goes fishing now

Reckon I've had 3yrs wear outta my blue longsleeved kokoda shirt. Got it on special for $30 :) I recently bought a buff (after my eBay one never came) they call em head socks at bcf for $20.If it's real hot ill have crocs (with sunscreen) long boardies, long sleeve kokoda shirt, buff and cap with sunnies.Most of my fishing nowadays is done b4 midday which helps a lot ;) last Saturday I was out longer and really felt the difference.

I'm on the market for one of those buff/head sock thingos. I hate sunblock so if i can cover up then i will :)I rarely get burnt on my legs but I really should invest in a long sleeved shirt for fishing. Last time i went out my arms got so toasted i couldn't go in the sun without unbearable pain :(I just can't handle greasy sunblock.

I'm on the market for one of those buff/head sock thingos. I hate sunblock so if i can cover up then i will :)I rarely get burnt on my legs but I really should invest in a long sleeved shirt for fishing. Last time i went out my arms got so toasted i couldn't go in the sun without unbearable pain :(I just can't handle greasy sunblock.

$20 for a headsox at BCF ;)Sambo