Swivel or knot

My rod is a 2m Penn sports rod, lots of give but has a a small eye at the end ruling out chunky joins etc. As I use it land based casting is a must. At the moment im using a Hangmans knot for the 30lb to a swivel, 60lb leader to a 3 way swivel, Hooks off the side and sinker off the bottom. Using a clinch knot for all mono leader

Also is it worthwhile using a mono shock leader before the trace?Any thoughts?

Usually, you would use a shock leader when casting a heavy sinker and bait to keep the whole thing from snapping off, I've only ever seen it used in surfcasting, but you could certainly use the same setup on shorter rods.I have been known to use a swivel between braid and leader in some circumstances, but I will also use a knot, slim beauty on the lightweight stuff and bimini to albright for heavy gear.
Asked this question myself the other day to a fellow SHer. His answer was braid to a hawiian clip' date=' then to a swivel and leader.[/quote']But is that just giving another point at which it could fail?
Yes that will be the weak link, I'm using the same you are 30lb Suffix 832 tied simply with a palomar knot to a hawaiian clip, the leader is a 60 lb mono tied to a swivel with just a half blood knot, for targeting snapper ect.Had it snagged a few times or a bloody ray that I can't be bothered bringing it in, so I,ve had to wrap the braid around a cleat to bust it of with the wave action, it's that strong.The main line has the clip, like Just Me said, it's for quick changing of rigs.We are using nothing much over 8 kg TCurves rods with carbon drag washers fitted to ABU 7000 for water up to 17 mtrs deep and very rarely get busted of, maintenance of the gear come into play here too.If by chance one of us hook a kingy, were not normally ready for them and they will just peal line, lock up the drag towards the end, lay into the fish as hard we can and then we get busted off, cause we should getting the anchor up and go on the chase.One day we will target kingies, but I'll have a anchor with a buoy attached to it for quick release. B)