St kilda private boat club ramp disgrace

skbtmb wrote:Are you offering to refit the weed boom,or clean out the drain Paul?i am sure the members would be very happy with you for that.Also i don't ever remember seeing the hay rake used,have you been to see the committeeabout this matter i am sure they would like to know how you feel.They can help youwith this you only have to ask.With the ramp being this bad why would one have to ask about cleaning it up, the club should just do something about it anyway. :whistle: ;)

Sorry should of said"it's not my trailer i'm not launching in to that"i went down early morning to launch and retrieve my boat after adjusting and moving the rollers friday on one side as the boat just sits to one side and as people know if it's not quite right i will chase it until i'm happy so went down to st.kilda with camera in hand and after playing with my boat at the public ramp went into private club to see the ramp all clean and found this trailer camouflaged owner was not around to ask but i'm sure thay would want the weed problem solved along with many other ramp uses,didn't take photo's of there car or number plates but did chase a couple of pelican's building a nest and chucked a couple of blue swimmer crabs back that were lost,crab said was playing in the weed one minute the next i was hanging of a trailer winch and running around a car park.

that is a disgrace i certainly wouldn't be paying any fees to the club with the ramp in that condition, i agree with rick, they shouldn't need to be asked to clean it up they should just do it...if i used the same ramp every time i would consider a private ramp for safety of the car and trailer etc but seeing this has made me realize its prob better just to deal with the risks and kayos in the public ramps!

In my opinion the best boat club in S.A. What do you get for your money.Lock up compound,swipe card access, W C and showers,Access to club rooms,power and water on pontoon,power and water on hard stand,work shop and benches for any work you need to do,access to galley for your cooking needs.cheap meals Friday nights ,full bar Friday night,bar open Sunday afternoonSome of the think done this year, finished the compound fence ,installed 2 new ac on roof,replaced front veranda poles,clean the ramp, spray the compound for weeds,replace the decks on themaintenance wharf.all this for just over $5 a week.all, not some, all the work was done by the members for the members.thanks and happy boating.o and i will say again if you want to know anythingtalk to the committee you might be surprised what you find out.they are always around .