Rapid bay this weekend

Unfortunately there were very few squid, i only saw 3 which others caught over 16 hours, someone caught a 50cm+ kingy, i got about 20 mullet, about 4 tommies, a trevalley at 23cm so he went back, and my friend got 2 just legal gar (and a similar no. of the rest).There was schools of gar hanging around for berley but all small, until a snook scared them all away.The old jetty is off limits unless you want some razorwire cuts :(

was down there as well far to many rude as :c holiday fishos wif floats tangling lines n fishing out of ur pocket :angry::angry::angry: will never go on a long weekend again my mistake ;) never the less got a few tommies all went out as livies a few squid and gar to bring home, fyi kingy was 61cm nice fish ill get one sum day.

We spent sunday arvo/monday in the camping area, was packed. Beach launched Rowbak in on Monday morn and found the squid easly in close. Fam time made it for a quick session but wouldve been easy to find a bag of the tasty critters. The jetty didnt look too Kaotic from where we where,nothing compared to its prime days when the big one was shoulder to shoulder.We seen plenty of boats anchor near the old one looking for the rats, most moved on pretty quick tho.Also spoke to a guy who fished the jetty with you guys, he said it wasnt too kaotic, but it is concerning when people are catching Kingfish and not measuring properly or know the sizelimits.In our Gulf its 60cm, most of the rats down there are undersize.any pix of this "61cm" speciman?

dont get me wrong am pleased theres lots of people going down there to camp and fish and for the most part for the amount of people on the jetty it was ok but where me and a mate set up and had are rods in there was a group of about 6 that just wanted to be where we were and kept going between our rods putting out floats and not watching them it got quite annoying so in the end we left and had a flick along the beach, a little courtesy towards other jetty users isnt asking much.no pix of the kingie as it wasnt mine but did see it get measured and they were quite pleased with it being 61cm

dont get me wrong am pleased theres lots of people going down there to camp and fish and for the most part for the amount of people on the jetty it was ok but where me and a mate set up and had are rods in there was a group of about 6 that just wanted to be where we were and kept going between our rods putting out floats and not watching them it got quite annoying so in the end we left and had a flick along the beach' date=' a little courtesy towards other jetty users isnt asking much.no pix of the kingie as it wasnt mine but did see it get measured and they were quite pleased with it being 61cm[/quote']I agree on the courtesy issue, i noticed most people were trying to get as close as possible to the old jetty but not noticing that the current vs wind was sending peoples different rigs all over the place.Did anyone else see the snook that chased all the gar away at about 5:30? i had a big school hanging around for my berley then they all vanished...