Isnt that truley amazing, and they even give you a chance to see some of the fish they have double tagged. This type of research has crossed my mind, and at some stage in the not too distant future (ie within the next few years) I hope to approach PIRSA/SARDI to see if they would be interested in Accoustic tagging Snapper in St Vincents Gulf, with a view to maybe doing Spencer Gulf at a later date.Of course this would require funding - so in order to get either gulf monitored could be fighting an uphill battle. I am slightly concerned though that if the results from such monitoring got into the wrong hands that the biomass could then be at risk from overfishing. IE If a number of anglers got hold of the information I would worry that some of these people would use the results to better there own snapper catching abilities by targetting specific locations at the correct time of the year.Brett

I am slightly concerned though that if the results from such monitoring got into the wrong hands that the biomass could then be at risk from overfishing. IE If a number of anglers got hold of the information I would worry that some of these people would use the results to better there own snapper catching abilities by targetting specific locations at the correct time of the year.Brett

ditto, i have the same concerns on info being passed out to pro's & the commercial sector, as i've read this has happened before in another state :angry: