I have a big problem i need a good camera that needs to take good pics. But what one? i do alot of fishing at night so it needs to be immaculate at taking night pics and jus the same for day. i think a photo says a thousand words thats why i need the best for taking my beloved fishing picys i am open to all suggestions and am willing to fork out up to a fair bit of cash for my memories. SOMEONE HELP ME!! haha i just have no clue what to look for in a good camera that takes good night pics haha cheers tp

I don't know the full in's and out's of cameras but you'd want to consider a camera with a CMOS sensor these work better in low light conditions compared to a camera with a CCD sensor. Also a camera with a wider aperture should help low light photos as the wider the aperture the more light the lense takes in.I'm not going to suggest a brand as there are quite a few good cameras out there but here's a site I found that compares cameras pro's and con's when you narrow down your search, good for seeing the difference between Camera A and B www.snapsort.com

It all depends on how much your willing to spend but as a photographer myself heres my suggestions for you. - and I'll also point out a $300 camera can take just as good a photo as my $9,000 camera so it not all about price.For an Entry level DSLR (digital single lens reflex) - interchangeable lenses - a little bit bulkier.Nikon D5100 - Its a great little camera for any DSLR novice/entry level snapper but still has a heap of manual features if your willing/wanting to lean more than just "point and shoot"Point and Shoot - (compact, easy to throw in your pocket, tackle box)Two suggestions here.Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20 - this ones always in my tackle box and I hardly leave home without it.Canon IXUS range - I say range because the new model is out this week, so there could be some good bargains around on the older "new" model. Fabulous little cameras packed with features.

Hi Mate, my experience of digi cameras is limited, (on the technical side) and after dunking and ruining a few I decided a waterproof camera was the go. I am a photo journalist with WildCoast magazine and take lots of pics a week to try and get that one which will "Fly" in the magazine.After a fair bit of research and factoring in value for money, I settled for the "Olympus UTOUGH" which is shockproof from a 5ft drop and waterproof to 10ft!The latter is ideal for hand held underwater shots some of which I put on my S&H posts and in the Magazines and which are a heap of fun to master after taking ship loads of shots ;)The camera's 12 megapixel specification is way more detail than I need and it has the facility to turn the megapixels down for managing/saving smaller pic files if needed?The software you get for picture management was a bit bemusing at first for a novice, but now I'm familiar with it it is staggeringly efficient at all features of photo management B) PS I have no commercial interest at all in Olympus but can not speak more highly of this productCheers, tonyb.

Yeah mate.Just PM me and we can talk Cameras thats fine. Would be happy to help, I have been really researching fishing Photos and more in depth Night photography as of late. Just let me know questions and I should be able to give you a hand cheers TT