Dundee 2012 Barratown!

Top stuff mate. Fished there a bit over the years bouncing deep divers over the rubble bottom. Always fished it on the neap tide so the water was a bit clearer.Did you also fish for barra along the rocky outcrops parallel to the beach between dundee and the mouth of the finnis?The road to dundee used to be attrocious too. I'm guessing it still is!Is there a ramp at dundee yet or is it still launching by tractor?Did you get any redfin? The pics of barra might get noticed if there's redfin pics too.

The road to Dundee is mostly sealed now, still a few spots were it isn't, which is done intentionally for the wet season floods. The ramp is still tractor launch, Oh and the dude charges $25 for launch and retrieve now lol.We headed straight down to the Finnis so did'nt touch the outcrops, following day we hit the blue water some 50-60kms offshore "Sail City" they call it. Got mixed bag of Trikkie Snapper, Stripy, Fingermark, Cod, Coral Trout, Golden Travally, Ramora and Cobia. Did i get them all Krusty ? LOL

haha cheeky bugger $25 to launch. It always used to be $15!Sailcity is a great spot. Those trickie snapper pull damn hard for their size. Great spot for spanish mackeral too. When dad used to live in darwin he used to catch sailfish at sailcity by idling around looking for their fin out of the water, go downwind of them then throw an unweighed pichard within their field of vision. Being a fast growing ravenous feeder the sails would rarely hesitate to take it.Everytime i flew up there when the sailfish were on it would end up blowing its ring off and we'd never get out.

• 2 weeks later...