Tip guide replacement?

Hold a cigarette lighter under the tip until the glue melts then pull it off . Glue new tip into place(can get them from most tackle stores). If it's for anything bigger than whiting or gar you might need to do something better, but that'll do it for all your bread and butter fishing.

If youre not an expert at rod building (like myself) I would recommend taking your rod to a tackle store. Personally, I had exactly the same thing happen to me and I just took my rod straight to Got One St Mary's. Although they didnt have the exact part I wanted, they still gave me a tough, strong tip which is still working today.At the end of the day it's probably not worth risking it by doing it yourself because there is always the chance that you may stuff something up and do something bad to your rod. It may cost a bit more to get a professional to fix it but I believe that's the way you should go.

Unless you are very picky, or its an expensive rod I'd recommend just doing it yourself... I buy the packs from big W and I'm the least creative person on the earth (I'm an accountant, lol!!) and I can do it.I got some hot glue at one stage, and all I do is light a match to melt the existing glue, pop the old one off and either using hot glue, or super glue, put a bit on the inside of the new guide and slide it on.... Never had an issue.. I've done it on everything from 1-2kg flick sticks, to a 10kg overhead surf and a 10kg overhead Cod rod....