Casting Combo for Kings, GTs etc

G'dayAfter several years of wondering whether I needed one I've finally got myself a heavy duty casting outfit. Its a Stella 10000 matched to a saltiga 76gt popper rod.IMG_20120728_110248.jpgIMG_20120728_110737.jpgIMG_20120728_110614.jpgI've got 300 yards of 65lb power pro super 8 slick braid on the original Stella spool. I've also ordered a jigging master 16000 size spool which I'll put 300 yards of 100lb varivas braid on for GTs near cairns.Can't wait to catch something decent on it.Cheers

sweet combo Nanman you weren't that bloke that won the 50 mil in xlotto by chance, buying gear like that :silly: i have enough trouble bringing my self to part with a coupla hundred for a t-curve and stradic combo just to chase snapper, would be a different story though if there was something worth chasing out here. cheers 4THA

i just got a Stella 10000 myself, i also spooled it up with 65lb power pro. i matched it to a 7ft shimano Terez 40-80lb rod and i also have a Tcurve Deep Jig 200. used it yesterday chasing Snapper just to see what it was like, didnt get any reds but the reel is amazing to wind. can you post up how the monster spool feels on the reel when you get it, i was thinking of doing the same thing so will be interested to see how you reckon it feelscheers :fishing:

No worries I'll let you know how the jm monster spool goes once I finally hook something decent with it.Yep tax refund did come through. First time in years I didn't have to spend it on something unwanted but necessary such as the house or car.

Guest horses4courses

Nice combo. I use a tcurve 763 with a saragosa 18000 spooled with 80lb power pro

Jeepers,with loaded up,I wouldn't imagine it doing your crook back any good :ohmy: Enjoy it anyhow ;)