National protest on super trawler.

Hi TB, Are you aware of who has started this ?

Yes mate. This issue is far bigger than just those mobs.Getup etc are heavily involved but this is one topic of interest for many fishers as well.I am going to the football on Saturday and rallies really are not my thing to be honest.Just giving those who are passionate on this forum the opportunity to attend.My personal preference is to get like minded bums on parlimentary seats to support your cause.If only rec fishers would unite and utilise their numbers in this state to make it happen.TB
The prospect of the trawler's arrival has been criticised by Ceduna Mayor Allan Suter, on the west coast of South Australia. He said the trawler's prospective catch would make a mockery of marine park plans outlined by federal and state governments.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-08/super-trawler-marine-parks-concern/4184522Seafish Tasmania rejects the concerns, saying its quota for jack mackerel is only 5 per cent of the fishery.Gotta love thisA Federal Government official says marine parks and the trawler's planned operation in Australian waters are separate issues.She said Australia had some of the most sustainable and best-managed fisheries in the world, with strict Government regulations.Although no application has been made for FV Margiris operate in an Australian fishery, quota management, by-catch provisions and strict observance would be applied if it arrived.What`s this "if" business...? These obfuscative shenanigans make "Yes, Minister" look like credible governance. :clap: