Cleaning a BBQ the slackers way

I'm so slack when it comes to cleaning the BBQ. Here's a trick my mate taught me. Scrape off most of the last BBQ you cooked and heat the BBQ up. Close the hood and watch the temp gauge. When it gets to half way open the lid and pour a glass of water on the hot plate. Shut the lid quickly and it kind of steams for a minute. Some how it gets all the old oil and grease off the plate.Or you could just clean after you use it.

• 1 month later...

heres another handy BBQ tip.i cooked a heap of marinated sticks on the BBq yesterday.I put that glad bake paper down and it made it so easy to clean afterwards. I just peeled them off and chucked them away. It also keep the nice food off my crusty bbq plate so nobody got poisoned.

• 1 month later...

There is another way to keep the BBQ plate clean, if you are on holidays at the favourite beach spot for a couple of days or even if you go camping along the river. Just leave the lid off, the seagulls or bears will make sure it is ready for next time you want to use it!!![/color:3b3817s3]

• 3 months later...

Best tool ive found is a scraper/brush set up. Just brush with the wire brush and scrape the plate with the sharp blade like tool.Cheap tool from Woolies.P.S. If you own a Weber, dont clean it too much, apparantley the flavour is in the smokey off givings from the last barby !! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

LOL some pretty slack efforts there guys {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gifMind you i remember once on a camping trip, giving my female bluey the leftovers in my mates camp oven.She cleaned it all up and licked it spotless, and after a few bevies forgot...when we packed up to go home , it went in the back of the car and he thanked me for doing a great job .Little did he know how it got that clean {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

A simple trick i learnt from an old italian chef....Get the barbie really hot, put a few ice cubes on the plate or grill, move them around with the tongsdor barbie mate, and all the grime, including that ol scungy dried marinate, just lifts off, leaving the plate or grill, like new.ps, only do it before ya cook, not after, or you will rust your plate, it cleans that well.

• 1 month later...

ok you need to try this it works so well. i used to do homebrew but any beer works. get te plate hot and then pour some beer over the plate. you will see the grease and grime lift straight away. wipe it off with a clean rag,works every time. try it and let me know how you went....

Guest dabilda

Looks ok now, one problem tho, what do I treat the blisters on my tounge with

Windex mate............ watch the movie "my big fat greek wedding" you'll see how Windex cures all. ;)