Eagle Ray takes flight

Was on the Port river yesterday morning chasing the elusive Mulloway . Got to the boat ramp to meet a good mate Jack at 4:30am . Headed out to his spot and arrived to realise my rod was not set up properly , spew . So while the fellas cast out there lines i sat there re rigging my line . Was a bit frustrating but i have learnt in the past that this usually works in my favour . Got my line in and was waiting a bit before Jack pulled his line in to check and in doing so pulled it across my line so when i went to reel in my rig was snagged on the bottom ? Busted my line trying to reel in so had to re-rig again . Jack had two lines in and said if the one goes while i was re-rigging my line then to grab it as if it was mine . Just tied the last knot and whammo the drag leaps into screaming life and i jum u and set the hooks . Unfortunately this rod and reel only had 20lb braid on it and this was definitely a decent Mulloway and after 2 min of it peeling line and toying with my it found structure and busted me off , spew ? Baited up my lineand cast out again and about 8min later my line was getting decent nibbles so i struck and with that an eagle ray leapt over 6ft into the air before taking off like a shower of shit peeling my line from my reel a a high rate of knots . Another leap or two and i started gaining line , when i got it boat side and it took of again and then we managed to get it into an undersized net . Awesome fun and thank you heaps again Jack .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRht9GIIDwIMG_4062Medium.JPGIMG_4064Medium.JPG

:laugh:Bwahahaha, why do you keep goin out fishin with us two clowns :laugh:That was a cool video I reckon... Heaps of fun hey... But must remember ya can't land an eagle ray with lip grippers :cheer: oh and my net is a piece o shit... How we ever manage to get any fish onboard I don't quite know ;)Love pics of beasts on the black tinny mats hey... I feel like posting a few "fish on the Pigs floor" photos after seeing that little beast of yours :)Cheers man... Until next week :woohoo:

Nice going JJ. Those Eagles are an awesome looking animal for sure B) Not too sure on lip gripping an Eagley though :ohmy: :unsure: Might be easier holding it by the tail :evil: Bummer on the bust off though :(:(:( Good fish you think ?

think you need those black strips that cover naughty parts on one of the fellas ;):D :D :D :D :D

:blink: I thought u meant the eagle ray for a sec there Southie :PI guess your tub hasnt been launched yet :unsure:

No worries Boyo an cheers . Yeah the drag sounds awesome and cant wait to capture another Mully doing that . You do hear me having a good laugh when you pull the net out and i was surprised you got it in there Jack ? Still learning how to edit in pixels Banger ? Cheers aff . They are pretty cool . It does happen Damien but i will get one soon enough ?