Take heed at my advice! (new snowdens ramp)

Righto folks, here is hot tip for the present and near future.Some of you may already know, i found out the hard way.Every sat morning for the past 3-4 weeks; and probably occurring for longer. There has been consistant break in's to vehicles parked at the ramp.The culprits have gone undetected so far, the are not the brightest of people, means of entry has been consistently a rock. (i found mine under the back seat of the car)They are hitting the ramp early but in daylight hours. I parked down there and launched at 8:15am Thahn called me at about 10:15 when he got there to launch and rang me instantly.Stiffy and myself went there last sat, there were remnants of three other windows around the carpark, with on poor dude's commodore window already smashed.brings to mind some kind of vigilante justice, cos police arnt seeming to do anything about it, there is no security in the area to speak of either.Which really grinds my gears due to the fact it is the only ramp in the port you actually have to pay for!

Well it just goes to show that those who run it are only in the money and the most vehicles I seen parked there is 4, so they would not get rich in a hurry.Actually some one has had a go at the ticket machine as well as 2 posts were missing the other day.The problem could be partly solved if parties got together and cameras were installed at the sailing club and Girl guides property.At least there would be a chance of the ferals being identified.

yep, i hate having to worry about leaving your car in a car park while on the water. Imagine coming back in your boat and not being able to retreive due to your car and trailer being stolen.The way i see it is you are paying to use the ramp and park there, therefore it should be the councils duty to ensure the park is safe.

at night its used as the local burnout centre (yes I sit in my lounge room at night and hear it).Not sure how the police miss it .they are always just up the street doing random breathe tests .to be honest no matter how much the powers that be try to dress it up its not been built in a goo area.and yes I live in the same area.

From fishnfreak: The way i see it is you are paying to use the ramp and park there, therefore it should be the councils duty to ensure the park is safe.Sorry mate, nothing to do with the council or Gov, the marina and boat ramp are privately run.Only way would be with assistance of sailing club for a few bods to get there about 4-4.30 am and park in their carpark so it is not obvious some one is watching and then wait for the ferals to turn uo, only prob is they might not turn up every Sat but if the do, take them up north a bit and read them the "riot" act.I can almost see the entrance from my place if I am out the front but to far away for I.D.'s.

Angas inlet boat club $130 a year.1 break in would cost that much to repair any damage.This club offers so much for so little ,not to mention the peace of mind of not worrying about if your car is going to be there on return.Well worth the membership.

Yer Im a member too Bluey, It is piece of mind, but dammmmmmmm its a long way to the ocean!