beach worming

Hi all just wondering if anyone does any beach wormiming in the south ,are there any places to get beach worms down south? ,something that i wouldnt mind spending an afternoon haveing a crack at if you are able to do it on metro beaches ,looks like it could be a bit of fun trying to catch the little buggers

Yep they are definitely at Sullies just across from the boat ramp. Tried a few times but a little too quick for me. Especially when the hands are numb. My mate uses those plastic pliers and reckons it's a little easier to grab them

Hi all a long time ago i used to see guys going along port norlunga beach ,but i thought it was illlegal as kingsley says ,i am a bit unsure why as the reef is a fair way of anyway thanks for the info guys just thought i would look at trying local and see if i could get some bait and enjoy learning something new about fishing ,just gotta get a stink bag and maybe some worming pliers :cheer:

Hi all just wondering if anyone does any beach wormiming in the south ' date='are there any places to get beach worms down south? ,something that i wouldnt mind spending an afternoon haveing a crack at if you are able to do it on metro beaches ,looks like it could be a bit of fun trying to catch the little buggers[/quote']Gday Crispy,Yep - sellicks - aldinga - pt. willunga - moana all have the the little buggers...Ive had a crack a few times with the sock full of fishy smell - cockle and patience - got a few but lost a lot more! lol - it's not as easy as some make it look! It takes a lot of practice but they are there if you want to have a crack...Cheers..
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all well back onto the beach worming subject,phoned fisheries today to check on where you can and cant go ,the gos is so far from the end of gulfveiw road to the mouth of the onk is line fishing only cannot take any bait from that area ,(as if it doesnt happen) the guy i spoke to was really good and said he will ring me tommorow with more info on it after he has spoken to another fisheries officer ,people might bag these guys but he was eager to help me with my questions about this wormin thing i just want to give it a crack see what its like ,probably wont catch sweet fa but could be a bit of fun . :laugh:

Hi guys thanks for the advice and offers of help ,done a bit of research on utube watching how the blokes on the east coast do it ,sneaky little suckers looks like they have a nasty set of teeth as well ,got me worming pliers yesterday now all i have to do is get me stinky sorted ,bought a bag of onions the other day only to find out the bag was half sticker half bag ,oh well never mind check the bag better next time .