Can BASA be used for bait

awesome' date=' after our rapid bay adventure i left $40 bucks worth of bait at my mates house and want to go fishing tomorrow, and all ive got here is BASA... well im gonna give a go and try my luck, hey cant do any worse then any other day can i...[/quote']Just remember that if u did hook a snapper all snapper must be returned to the water as its still during the Nov snapper ban

I was told once by a reputable local tackle store owner that it is illegal to use imported seafood fit for human consumption as bait.. by doing so you'd be creating a disease pathway for the introduction of exotic diseases into Australia's marine and aquaculture resources.I do know that imported bait has to be "Zapped" to kill off all pathogens once it arrives into the Country but not the fish feed for the tuna farms hence the pilchard killoff a few years back.. Not sure about seafood fit for humans. So effectively it is okay for us to eat the dodgey imported seafood but not put it into our waterways for risk of introducing diseases into our Fishery

I was told once by a reputable local tackle store owner that it is illegal to use imported seafood fit for human consumption as bait.. by doing so you'd be creating a disease pathway for the introduction of exotic diseases into Australia's marine and aquaculture resources.I do know that imported bait has to be "Zapped" to kill off all pathogens once it arrives into the Country but not the fish feed for the tuna farms hence the pilchard killoff a few years back.. Not sure about seafood fit for humans. So effectively it is okay for us to eat the dodgey imported seafood but not put it into our waterways for risk of introducing diseases into our Fishery

What about Aussie stuff?