Bait rigging tips for snapper

Here is a link to the gamakatsu web site showing how to rig snapper baits Thought it might come in handy for any novices trying to catch there first big nobber this season, or even some of the old salts to try something they may not have tried before http://www.gamakatsu.com.au/gamakatsu-bait-rigging-tips-for-snapper/ The last pic with the hook very exposed in the fish's mouth is my go to one for tha monsters hopin it works come December Cheers 4THA

Nice link, yes I've been using those hook set ups for past 7 or so years and rarely drop a hooked fish. As Nickmav said its great for whole big dead or alive fish baits. With live baits though its better to have the circle hook through just the top lip only, so it can open its mouth letting the livie live longer, and the second hook halfway along its body just pierced under its backbone. Most of my big reds fall to Mack heads rigged through the mouth.I find 8/0 better for live Mack's and 6/0 more suited to 1/2 dead Mack's and whole dead Tommie's. :cheer: :cheer: