It really pisses me off when these scumbags do this stuff and give us good guys a bad name, and also there were ppl in whyalla dropping rocks on the heads of dolphins, man its horrible stuff and worse the greenies will blame it on us the fishermen when they dont realise is that we hate all this crap as much as they do. My two cents worth, and if ya see these guys then give 'em hell for me

Yep, there are a lot of irresponsible people out there Boys.I read that article through today as well and tho' I new there was a bit of netting going on in the Onka, I was :o:o:o to hear fisheries have taken TWELVE nets from that area of the Onka so far this year. :o :icon_e_surprised:The nets are all the same style and Fisheries say they are the same offenders.The pics were taken straight from S&H and the newspaper mentioned us as a recreational fishing forum stopping short of naming us.Wonder if they got or need permission for this action? Perhaps the Mod team could follow that one up for us?Cheers, tonyb.

Yep, there are a lot of irresponsible people out there Boys.I read that article through today as well and tho' I new there was a bit of netting going on in the Onka, I was :o:o:o to hear fisheries have taken TWELVE nets from that area of the Onka so far this year. :o :icon_e_surprised:The nets are all the same style and Fisheries say they are the same offenders.The pics were taken straight from S&H and the newspaper mentioned us as a recreational fishing forum stopping short of naming us.Wonder if they got or need permission for this action? Perhaps the Mod team could follow that one up for us?Cheers, tonyb.

Im on to it now Tony

Posted by: tonyb

to hear fisheries have taken TWELVE nets from that area of the Onka so far this year.

If all these nets belong to the same offenders and have been found and hence confiscated by fisheries what I find unbelievable is how it hasn't deterred them one little "IOTTA". Obviously they have had very good returns compared to what they perceive as to the risk of being caught. One can only hope this public exposure will be enough for these dim-witted perpetrators to have second thoughts before continuing with anymore illegal activities.I fear it won't. niftrev

I was a little disappointed that the paper referred to these people as Fisherman or recreational fisherman. These people are neither!!!!

I'm pretty sure the Advertiser has a section called "Your Write!" or similar!Maybe as RESPONSIBLE recreational fishermen we should all be writing in voicing our own concerns also. Condemning the actions of these imbeciles, and letting the public at large know that we do not wish to be marked by, or associated with the actions of these environmental vandals!As a member of the staff here, I have no problem with the Advertiser or any other publications perusing these boards or reproducing works from the forums here, but they should be seeking permission to utilise this stuff beforehand. If ya notice anything in future published directly from the forums here, can all members once again bring it to our attention please!

As a member of the staff here, I have no problem with the Advertiser or any other publications perusing these boards or reproducing works from the forums here, but they should be seeking permission to utilise this stuff beforehand. I agree they should have seeked permission first...

I'd wonder how they accessed the pics in the first place

but they should be seeking permission to utilise this stuff beforehand.

why does this stuff bother you guy's ???this forum is open for public access and even if it wasn't, what is the big deal about sharing info???it's starting to sound like other fishing forums :icon_e_sad: :icon_e_sad:

Hate to be picky catchnun, but copyright is owned by every person who publishes anything and permission normally must be sought to reproduce an authors work or liability can be legally enforced.Even more so because the newspaper is a commercial venture operating for gain. So, yes, I think our moderators have once again done us proud. Sorry to be so heavy, but I've been down this same road myself and it's not pretty.Cheers, tonyb.

Gday fellas, my two bobs worth is... I think we should all just write in or email our views and concerns into the papers, detailing who and where we are from (S&H if OK) condemning these people and this netting garbage.And obviously Keep an eye out for them, or sus behaviour in the area.TONYb i dont think any one here would be that LOW and GUTLESS to be a mole mate. it just aint cricket fishing.You , I and every one here knows how easy it is to register and start browsing through all of our info, however it does only take one joker to balls it up for everyone doesn't it.And lastly SNAKE, try and find out this lowlife homo's name or associates if possible because i'm sure me and other people would like a word or two.....We just gotta play it out smartly guys, it really is a shame that we have to defend ourselves against this crap. cheers stu83

I dont know if The Advertiser got its info from here or another forum, but they should do some JOURNALISM; they should ask some questions and find out the real story. 'Walkers' found the net??? Calling Illegal Netters fishermen??? Not broaching the Social or Economic Implications??? Not digging to find out why Responsible fishers have no confidence in FISHERIES and thats why they do thing their own way???These are the issues, but once again The Advertiser missed the key points and just gave A particular description of events. Prefering not to confuse the prescious heads of thier readership.I dont write this as a concerned Moderator at all, rather as someone who is sick of this constant lack of journalistic integrity from our only local publication. How many other stories do they just steal from the web??? It makes ya wonder why people get paid to write for em.Thats my 2cents!Yak.

The pics were copied from another forum, not here.The link to the thread was passed on by somebody,and they copied it from there.They're idiots because as i said if they waited till they contacted me first they couldve had the real story, and the real facts. Instead of printing what they did so they didnt get done for plagiarism.Its not like the story was priority, it didnt need to be printed the very next day after seeing the link as the net was found weeks ago.

Just a thought guys, I wonder if it would be an idea to try and work in harmony with the "Tiser" and at the very least get the facts straight for any future articles they might wish to report on. :-\I think this could be very easily achieved by having a S&H phone contact number made available for them and then the mod team could cover all the issues, give them the facts as we see them and achieve a good result all around.Another thought I had was, could we make this entire post available to them for their perusal to see the depth of passion and feeling that we all have for our sport and also show them the amount of damage that can be caused by poor reporting on their behalf.Cheers, tonyb.