Glenelg River (Information)

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone's had any experiences up there. I've read a few threads regarding it but I'm still somewhat lost on such things as where to stay, where to fish etc. We would be fishing in yakks and hopefully targeting Mullis and Bream. We are planning hopefully to head up there sometime next week, any information you guys have would be greatly appreciated.Cheers

I've done a few trips with no luck on the mullys, only perch and bream. There is a couple of caravan parks you can stay at, rent a house or camp in the park. Cabins in the caravan park up the hill (cant remember the name) were pretty cheap but camping next to where you launch is great, last trip we camped at pritchards and sites 9,10 and 11 would be my pick. Not sure if you can just rock up and camp as we booked a couple sites on Vic National Parks website. As for fishing turn right after the bridge and talk to the boat hire or kiosk. GET HOT CHIPS FROM THE KIOSK! best ever.

Great place, and heaps of fun with lures. Been twice and loved both trips. Only really tried for bream and perch, but you can get Mully's. was there at Easter. Lots of small bream, but the odd big boy. I was there with a mate fishing out of the hobbies with lures only and I got a 31cm and 37cm plus a 38cm perch and he got 36cm and 38.5cm as our big ones, and about 20 others under 30 over our 3 days there. We fished purely under donivans. Vibes always work best for us. R2S baby and strike pro micro are best sorts. We rented out a house 300 odd metres from the kiosk and launched on their grass strip there. Yaks are great because you can go to the bank and pull your lure out the snags.

It's a great place down there with plenty of snags to cast at. I'd recommend taking some weed less jigheads for your soft plastics or change some trebles over to singles on some of your hard bodies. Makes it easier to fish without having to paddle over to a snag that your lure is stuck on to which snag could hold a great fish that your about to spook.

I've been there a few times, caught my PB bream 36.5cm on a squidgy wriggler bloodworm colour. Also got my first EP there too. This was over the border in Victoria, near Simpsons Landing I think? It is fantastically peaceful down there too but remember to get your fishing license if you're in Victoria as you need one to fish there legally.

I fish it every weekend so have half a clue, for camping contact parks vic to book sites or as mentioned theres plenty of cabbin and rental accomidation in Nelson itself.The estury is always good for bream, the furthur you venture down toward the mouth the better the bream fishing is. Always worth a try around the poles for mulloway on a moving tide, best to hit that area with vibes, tea bagging will get better results than casting!For perch head up mid river and up as you'll only find peckerhead perch under 40cm downstream from dry creek.Mulloway are throughout the whole river and a couple of decent catches in recent weeks above Sapling creek but theres also a few floating scoolies around at the moment from an unknown cause? possibly a seal thats been playing havok around Pritchards.PM me for any more info if you like ;)