thats interesting' date=' when i sit back and think about it i have seen some snapper that come from NSW and QLD that would only be 4-7kg with huge weird bumps on their head and lips[attachment=15119']BigBump.jpg[/attachment][attachment=15120]BigBump2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=15121]BigBump3.jpg[/attachment]i havent seen any from SA with this amount of growth, has anyone?

My biggest snapper so far was 14.5kg and the lips were like the bottom pic but the knob on the head was actually touching the lips and had a gap in between I was told the lumps were absiss from hitting reef etc. but as I have just read its just bone growth I wish I had a pic of it show,Peter the old shop owner from nth haven ( before tackle & tucker) may have a pic of it still Cheers 4THA
that would have been one ugly snapper hey 4THA? my biggest is my avatar pic' date=' 11.5kg, that was more of a long fish, it had a big head but not a massive, ugly bump. maybe i need to catch a bigger fish and see a big bump first hand.[/quote']Yea wasn't a pretty fish that's for sure I'd never caught another like it,was only 104 long but it's girth was massive had 7 whole king prawns in its guts mate Lee was gunna take em home and eat them lol Cheers 4THA

yea mine had a whole cuttlefish in its guts with just one bite mark in it. going a bit off topic but i always check my snappers guts, i havent personally found anything too weird but heard of some weird things, Rocknev reckons his biggest from the rocks had a pufferfish in it!once i was using cubed pillies as burley and one of my fish had basically the whole block in its guts, im surprised it took my bait, it was the fullest snapper i have caught!