Custom Super Stick " Flick Stik Fury"

Have just purchased this rod off another forum member. its built for an Alvey and has the branding "Custom Super Stik" and has the name scrolled in as "Flick Stick Fury" and also has the initials U,S or U,5 on it. Its 4m/ 13'3" long. matched to a 650c Alvey with 30lb mono at time of purchase. I am wondering what weight class this rod is built for. as i plan to throw some big baits around and use it for snapper/mulloway etc on the west coast and various other rock areas. i may encounter sharks and groper in a few of these places.. plus of course rays.. "Flick Stick Fury" kind of makes me think similar to a 4120 class of rod.. but it would be a 4160 if it was.. i wouldnt think such a big rod for flicking just lures? ive googled but cant find "Custom Super Stik" listed anywhere with contact details??Posted ImagePosted Image

G"day Del I could be wrong but from memory the Super sticks were a range bought out by the Sport Fishing Scenes resident rod builders of yesteryear Dave Yates and Steve Morris ?Based on Snyderglas 4120 and 5120 blanks , they were either extended from the butt or the tip cant remember, or even may have had an inch or 2 off the tip then had a couple of foot added to the butt.Designed for surf fishing with power and lightness in mind,good score mate,highly regarded rods. B)

set with an alvey, id say the "extra length" is all in the rod but. as its got a pretty solid lower section with rope bound "grips". not something ive seen before its a real eye turner!Cheers Cal!and thanks Hugo for letting me add another Alvey combo to my collection ;)

Del, I picked the rod up from Steve on Grange Road. I also had a 9 foot 2 piece glass spin stick and a 5120 made up as an overhead with the rope grips. All great rods. The low mount you grabbed can pitch a 4 oz sinker and a salmon fillet no problems. It's not built on an extended 4120 as its too tippy, can't remember what blank he used. Either way, it will cope with most Mullies and mid sized brown coats.

def not a 4120!! love the feel of it.. and ive only given it a bit of a lash around the back yard.. 4oz and bait is my main casting weights.. cant wait to head off in a few weeks/month down to coffins.. taking this and a snyder.. one each alvey/spin. cant wait to load it up!!